Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2000 DTS, fully loaded. I was just wondering to the people that own a 2000 DTS if they like the car, or if they have any complaints about them. I like the navigation system and its very useful, but not having a volume button is very annoying, espeically for passengers who want to change the volume. The screen is kinda small too. And i dont know if others have the same problem, but my back deck vibrates where the subwoofer is when i listen to music. Even smooth jazz at a moderate volume will vibrate the back deck...i am gonna go get it fixed by warranty in next week. Other than that, i love the car, and I would buy another DTS in a second. The nighvision is cool, but i wish the grill was painted like the other DTS's, and the nightvision is more of a gizmo to impress people, than an actually useful thing. Just wanna hear opions if u own one.

·
Registered
Deville, DTS, STS, CTS, Escalade, Allante
18 Posts
Caddy Man said:
I just bought a used 2000 DTS, fully loaded. I was just wondering to the people that own a 2000 DTS if they like the car, or if they have any complaints about them. I like the navigation system and its very useful, but not having a volume button is very annoying, espeically for passengers who want to change the volume. The screen is kinda small too. And i dont know if others have the same problem, but my back deck vibrates where the subwoofer is when i listen to music. Even smooth jazz at a moderate volume will vibrate the back deck...i am gonna go get it fixed by warranty in next week. Other than that, i love the car, and I would buy another DTS in a second. The nighvision is cool, but i wish the grill was painted like the other DTS's, and the nightvision is more of a gizmo to impress people, than an actually useful thing. Just wanna hear opions if u own one.

I ordered a new 2001 Silver on black DTS w/ Nav, chrome, sr, and personalization pkg. The only options I didn't order was night vision, back seat airbags and wood steering wheel and shifter. It was a great car. I kept it 14 mos and had about 16k miles when I sold it. I had no complaints about the car, just wish it had more hp. I replaced it with an Escalade, then Escalade EXT and now back to a 2003 Black on black DTS with all options except Night Vision. There is a huge difference in the cars in the way this one feels more solid. The DVD Nav is 10x better than the CDROM Nav. I have to say that the DTS is the best Cadillac I've ever owned to date. The only problem I have with them is when people ask what kind of car I drive, they have this perception it's a grandpa car with a 24 year old kid driving it- until they see the car and just how bad it is. The only things I have done to the car is tint the windows to 20% and had the emblems gold plated (don't know if I like it or not...but I got it done by a friend for free. Anyhow...The DTS is a great car.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
cadysrme said:
I ordered a new 2001 Silver on black DTS w/ Nav, chrome, sr, and personalization pkg. The only options I didn't order was night vision, back seat airbags and wood steering wheel and shifter. It was a great car. I kept it 14 mos and had about 16k miles when I sold it. I had no complaints about the car, just wish it had more hp. I replaced it with an Escalade, then Escalade EXT and now back to a 2003 Black on black DTS with all options except Night Vision. There is a huge difference in the cars in the way this one feels more solid. The DVD Nav is 10x better than the CDROM Nav. I have to say that the DTS is the best Cadillac I've ever owned to date. The only problem I have with them is when people ask what kind of car I drive, they have this perception it's a grandpa car with a 24 year old kid driving it- until they see the car and just how bad it is. The only things I have done to the car is tint the windows to 20% and had the emblems gold plated (don't know if I like it or not...but I got it done by a friend for free. Anyhow...The DTS is a great car.
24? Hell I'm 40 and my friends give me a hard time about being a grandpa car. I just tell them I'm 20 years ahead of my time!

Anyways, mine basically was a Deville converted into a fake DTS.

Wheels/tires
blackout trim upper windows
Paint rockers and lower bumpers
new grille and emblems

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

Really a very nice and fast car for $17k. Fake, fake, fake.

Logan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts