Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Cadillac Drivers' Log" - Comment re '08 CTS & Lansing production facility

FYI - For all those interested in the 2008 CTS... the following was entered as a comment at the Cadillac Drivers' Log blogsite on August 1st.

quote...

Whether on U.S. soil or testing on the German autobahn, this car is phenomenal! I visited the Lansing production facility earlier this week and actually located the car I ordered in June and saw it as it was being assembled. I even had the opportunity to briefly drive one around the factory grounds and all I can say is that it is an amazing vehicle. I'm trading in a current generation C-class and there simply isn't any comparison in terms of design, roominess, power, technology, etc... The look of the car is even more impressive in person and looks good in all colors. Online photos usually show in red, silver, and black. I was able to see white diamond, blue, and a variety of others and quite honestly, the car looks great in all of them. Many times the online pictures don't do it justice. The interior was the best I've ever seen in a GM vehicle. All the controls seem to be a higher quality material than what's been used before and the motorized navigation screen that raises out of the dashboard is simply awesome. I was probably most impressed with everyone at the factory that was committed to building the highest quality Cadillac ever. I briefly met the plant manager who was standing guard at the end of the production line personally inspecting each and every CTS as they were completed; checking gaps, fit and finish, etc... I may only be a sample size of one and am probably biased as my '08 CTS will be delivered in a couple of weeks, but I think Motor Trend called it right when they said this car is, " the best sedan the U.S. has ever built".
Posted by: Jeff | August 1, 2007 10:52 PM

... unquote

Below is the link to the relevant page on the blogsite:

http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/2007/08/special_preview_opel_beyond.html#comments

Cheers
Rab.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Re: "Cadillac Drivers' Log" - Comment re '08 CTS & Lansing production facility

I hope Cadillac puts as much effort as they're putting into the CTS, into everything. So far, it sounds like this is really going to be a hit. I'm anxious to get a test drive...

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

second that!!!

i wana get a test-drive in the 08 as well.... and see it up close in real life :)

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

Always good to hear the car is even more impressive in person than on the photos we've seen so far.

Actually its hard to believe because so many of the photos are so great.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts

I was cruising down I-96 this week and had a white 08 pass me and I followed it a bit. (Sorry, I accidently deleted the pics as I took them on my new cellphone. Problem fixed now.) I followed the car a bit, passed it, and watched as it passed me again. Some brief impressions:

- It looks a lot larger than the current CTS
- The view from behind isn't the most flattering. There is a big smile curve where the trunk lid meets the bumper and the wheelwell flares stick way out making it look fat.
- The view of the front in the rearview mirror is great. I really like the new fronts of both the CTS and STS.
- I'm unsure about the side vents. From a distance they seem to look good, but not as good up close.

I also saw a black one later in the week. I think the new CTS, like the current one, looks better in darker colors.

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts

Wish GM would get back to designing the best looking wheels in the industry. BMW and Mercedes have multiple choices and are bringing out new designs almost every year.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

Always good to hear the car is even more impressive in person than on the photos we've seen so far.

Actually its hard to believe because so many of the photos are so great.
nice pic, i cant wait till i get to test drive it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts

I have a new screen saver! Love how the CTS is up front, the way it should be!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts