Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say how happy i am with the cadillac diag. I bought a scan tool from autoxray to get the codes on OBD-II cars and my 94 STS has more diag. than that scan tool will ever have.

Also, if you ever need any information on the codes or any other part of the car you can goto alldatadiy.com. It cost a little but has saved SO MUCH money in the long run. It has all the dealer flow charts and manual information. I feel like I can fix any problem on my STS. Just thought I would share my feelings.

Later,
Shane

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
The Autoxray is consided a toy at best. We have one as a back up for the factory scanners. If theres some reason to suspect a system we would rather burn up a $200 scanner vs a $3000 one. The Xray is also just a read only scanner. It will only read powertrain data.

The Cadillac self diagnostics are a great asset. But if you want to get really fancy you get one of these...a GM Tech2. The Tech2 allows you to get into any sytem on the car...powertrain, abs, airbag, radios etc. It is also a bidirectional tool. So you can turn things on/off....things like injectors, cooling fans, abs solenoids. The list is endless.

Heres a picture of one. This one happens to be ours....

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1056786545085_tech.jpg

Logan

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
<drool> Makes the SnapOn I use in shop look like a game boy......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saw one at the dealership today. Man what a toy! That is what I am saying about the cadillac diag. I can turn on and off all the selonoids and troubleshoot so much stuff right from the dash.

Do you know if they did away with the on the dash diag when OBD-II came along? I would like to someday buy a newer STS but if you can't troubleshoot things like on the 94's it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Later,
Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts