Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Care to describe your experiences with Cadillic dealers? I, for one, LOVE going to Sarant Cadillac on Hempstead Turnpike (Long Island, New York). I usually work with Joe Mistretta - a very helpful guy. In fact, this guy made me feel so at home that this is one of the reasons my next car will be a Cadillac. Service certainly is important..

Feel free to respond here with your experiences - good or bad...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Sal, I'm from Long Island too, but out east! The dealer I bought from, and used for service, was out in Peconic. When they pulled Olds from him, he gave it up, and bought a Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer right in my town. The guy that got the Caddy franchise, Buzz Chew, is out in Southampton, and that can be a ride for me in all seasons but winter. I ended up buying my wifes Park Ave. from the first guy, and now he services both cars. Quite a nice group of people. Its Raymond Buick in Riverhead.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you lost a local Caddy dealer.. Sarant is Cadillac and Oldsmobile as well.. I wonder what'll replace Olds when it's gone..

Attachments

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
Sexton Automotive Group in Harriman, TN has been excellant to deal with so far. Southern Hospitality mixed with reasonable prices and service. Might be good to know if anyone is traveling I-40 between Nashville, TN and Asheville, NC at Exit 347 .

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great. Thank you.. I'd like to get as many of the good dealers listed as possible. In the future, I'd like to have a seperate page as a directory for all states to find a great Cadillac dealer. My dream would be to have Cadillac realize this and make every extra effort to have the best customer service possible. Lexus is very well known for their amazing customer service.. I think Cadillac can be just as good if not better...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in Western Virginia, just off I64 and I81 in Waynesboro.
The local Cad dealer is Berrang Cadillac.
In my admittedly short time dealing with them, I have had excellent results.

Paul G.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I live down the road in Blacksburg, VA. Our local GM dealer is Harvey's Chevrolet out in Radford. They used to sell Oldsmobile, and still sell Cadillac, and have a wonderful service department and shop. It's very very clean! I had some work done there on my '84 Cutlass and had very positive results. I took it for an alignment and when the steering wheel was crooked, they repaired it the next day, no questions or charges.

If I need something major done, or if I'm just looking for parts, I always visit Harvey's in Radford. (on exit 109 on I-81) :thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Owners Member
2016 CTS
34 Posts
Yep , going to a Cadillac dealer is only a true Cadillac owners experience... They make you feel like you own the greatest motor vehicle on the road ( which you do anyhows) but they really treat you nice.. I used to bring my Eldorado to Sarant Cadillac on Long Island.... I first started going there when I was going to have my Caddy tuned up at Firestone and the guy there was trying to tell me that i didn't need the platinum plugs for my Northstar....... I said forget it - dont touch my car - I'll bring it to Cadillac! So I did - But it was about 3 times the amount of money..... It's worth it though....... For some reason every time I left Sarant Cadillac, I felt like my ETC was brand new.... :D

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, better off not messing with things.. If you maintain the car the way it's meant to be maintained, it's going to last a long time...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased my 1994 Eldorado off eBay and not a Cadillac dealer.

But a couple years ago I had a mint copper colored 1979 Eldorado Bairritz 350 fi with 79K miles that I was having problems with. The engine only seemed to be running on 3 or 4 cylinders. I took it to a local Cadillac dealer and they refused to even look at it because it was too old. I went to 3 different dealers and NONE of them did anything to repair the car. I then took it to local mechanics and spent tons of $$ but never got it running right. Finally gave it to my son who took it apart and sold the pieces. I don't have much good to say about Cadillac dealers.
Pat

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a shame, Pat.. I kinda had a feeling it would be this way.. It's their car, though.. They shouldn't turn you away because your car is too old.. I guess that's not where the money is..

Does anyone know of a Cadillac dealer that services older cars?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
My local dealership diagnoses/services older cars. It's one I mentioned earlier, Harvey's Chevrolet (and Buick, Pontiac, Olds, Cadillac, GMC, everything). They diagnosed an exhaust leak on my old '84 Cutlass to be a leaky exhaust manifold and they did the (excellent) work to replace the manifold.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Lindsay in Alexandria, VA - A+++
Pohanka in Fredericksburg, VA - F----

maybe it's because lindsay is more exclusive top caddie dealer in the east coast
and pohnaka is an auto group (they sell bunch of other brands)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Unfortunately, I hear more people say that they can't get older Caddys fixed anywhere. I know that it's a problem. I think it's because there is a severe shortage of older mechanics that made the transition to the newer cars. So that causes a hell of a hole in the knowledge base available at your local dealers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah, katshot pretty much hit it on the head regarding the older cads...some dealers have an experienced tech that knows the older generation cars and some don't. the cars in general are too complex for the average mechanic to spend any time researching the vehicle to become proficient at fixing them...it took me a while to realaize that the only way to fly is with genuine gm parts installed and serviced by a dealer. i do my own oil changes and tire rotation, but anything else i go to suburban cadillac in stamford, ct and i have been happy with their knowledge of my cad. jackg

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jack. Welcome aboard - and thank you for signing up! Well.. It seems we'll need to have a section somewhere on the site that lets people know which dealers can service their older Cadillacs...

Eventually, I'm going to get a page going for all dealer reviews..

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Great. Thank you.. I'd like to get as many of the good dealers listed as possible. In the future, I'd like to have a seperate page as a directory for all states to find a great Cadillac dealer. My dream would be to have Cadillac realize this and make every extra effort to have the best customer service possible. Lexus is very well known for their amazing customer service.. I think Cadillac can be just as good if not better...
Sal lets do this!!!

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
The dealer I bought my 1993 Sixty Special from, is rightfully out of business. They exemplified everything a business should never do. "Horrible" doesn't even do them justice. They sold Cadillac, Oldsmobile and in later years, Pontiac. They had been a great dealer from 1953 to 1993, then in 1993 right after I took delivery, they sold to a young kid stuffed with money. He ran it down from the crown jewel dealership in the county, to bankrupt, out of trust and locked up in just 10 years. How good it was is testamony to the fact that it took him 10 years to kill it.
My next closest dealer is too far away to be convenient, 14 miles on a major highway.
Therefore, I brought a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Limited Edition from a Lincoln~Mercury dealer about 2 miles from my previous Cad/Olds/Pont. dealer. This L-M dealer is the top rated L-M dealer in America, with a 99.1 CSI rating and receipant of the "President's Award" from Ford 8 years in a row. They are like a boutique on Fifth Avenue New York. The serivce there is absolutely unreal and waaay beyond description. Ford has made dealer training films on premises. It's a joy to go there. The consideration they give is beyond texbook.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What a shame.. And Cadillac wants to have even fewer dealers - I move I think is not a good one. At the least, they'd better keep the service-centers going..

Sorry to hear about your problems with the dealer. It's unfortunate when take-overs like that happen. The 'heart' of the business never seems to stick around. I hope you enjoy your Towncar.. Would you mind visiting www.lincolnforums.com and helping out with that forum?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts