Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'17 ATS Premium 3.6DI AWD
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I purchased a 2017 CPO cadillac ATS from a Cadillac dealership. They required me to buy a Xzilon interior/exterior protection that they apply to every car.
Below is an email from the dealership:
Our reconditioning fee is a flat fee we apply to all our pre-owned vehicles to get them back into "good" condition. Xzilon is a product we put on the inside and outside of the car. It's a protective coating and disinfectant to help the car looking newer for longer and comes with a 5 year guarantee and 24 support for your vehicle.
I didn't receive any paperwork regarding the Xzilon warranty when I picked up the vehicle. I called the finance manager who eventually (3 calls and 2 weeks later) sent the Xzilon warranty. Upon reviewing the warranty, it shows only interior protection. I contacted a Xzilon rep who confirmed that indeed it is only interior only.
I called and left voicemails two more times with the finance manager and he has yet to return my call. I am thinking this is shenanigans by the dealership to get out of paying for this warranty that cost me nearly $1000 dollars!
Does a Cadillac customer/dealer liaison exist where I could raise my complaint?
If you need additional info, please PM me.
Thanks,
Jeff Schlak

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - I gave it one last shot and googled Cadillac CEO email address. Emailed the address I found and got a call that day from Cadillac Executive Office! I told them what was going on and about a week later got the completed warranty from the dealership. Nothing like a little pressure from the top to make them move!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,043 Posts
You got lucky. The canned response from Cadillac Customer Care Representatives would have been "We're very sorry that you're having warranty problems with your Cadillac. If you would like, we can help you contact your dealership." or words to that effect.

Read some of the other threads in this forum.

The folks at Cadillac Customer Service last logged in on 8 December.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got lucky. The canned response from Cadillac Customer Care Representatives would have been "We're very sorry that you're having warranty problems with your Cadillac. If you would like, we can help you contact your dealership." or words to that effect.

Read some of the other threads in this forum.

The folks at Cadillac Customer Service last logged in on 8 December.
That's why I didn't contact them. I went straight to the top with my issue. The only thing customer service cares about is clearing their queues of issues. My call that I received was from the Cadillac Executive Office.

·
Registered
ATS-V
367 Posts
All that matters is what is in writing. When buying a used car, the manufacturer is out of the picture. It's a transaction between the buyer and seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts