Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Edit*** Thanks to whomever changed the title of my thread but my original title of "Cadillac Customer Service SUX!!" is much more descriptive of the type of service I have gotten.

Just a warning to fellow owners.

If you get an offer from a member of Cadillac Customer service on here to "help" with your problem, take it with a grain of salt.

We'll call the one who was going to "help" me with my issue KL. We emailed back and forth and I supplied KL with all the information requested. KL was very quick to respond and I had a good feeling that something was actually going to happen. HA!!!! Yeah right!!!

As soon as KL had everything needed they vanished. I emailed over and over trying to get a status of my claim and how it was coming along.....nothing. After 4 or 5 emails with instant response, suddenly it was over. I know KL is still employed there because I see them posting on this board

These people are a joke and completely worthless. Good luck if one offers to help you out.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
Re: Cadillac Customer Service sux!!!!!!

For the record, although I have seen GM CS be helpful to other members on other forums on minor issues, my personal experience with them is that they are mostly all talk and rarely follow up or actually serve their customers. For the most part their presence and participation is a PR exercise for those that don't need help to believe that they might one day get some when they do.

I have a documented conversation with a rep here, concerning a serious situation, and not only did she not help one bit, but in fact made it worse by continually leading me to believe that she was about to help. This went on and on, delayed me taking action on my own, and basically turned out to be a complete waste of time and only served to compound what was already a frustrating situation.

I love GM, will likely purchase from them again, but my degree of faith in their online CS reps is exactly none.

2 drachmas

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts

What exactly would you all like to accomplish with this thread???

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
12 Posts

What exactly would you all like to accomplish with this thread???
SERVICE!!!

My truck is still under factory warranty but it seems that it's up to the dealers discretion as to what they want to cover. It's total BS! When you post on here and someone seemingly from "corporate" offers to help but in essence can't do squat, it's giving some people false hope.

My intent with this thread is to simply warn other board members against the lies being told and to hopefully protect against their false hopes with so-called Cadillac Customer Service.

And by the way, I do have fun with my Jeep. I'm currently swapping in a V8. I'm probably more capable of working on my Escalade than the dealer but since I paid for a warranty in the price of the truck I intend to use it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts

If you're not happy with the service you receive, I would recommend going somewhere else. If my dealer treated me poorly, I simply would not return. Showing up in an open forum and calling names I'm sure will not get you the results that you are seeking.

----I agree standardization among dealerships would remedy many issues that people complain about, mainly being service.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
BIG85JEEP said:
SERVICE!!!

My truck is still under factory warranty but it seems that it's up to the dealers discretion as to what they want to cover. It's total BS! When you post on here and someone seemingly from "corporate" offers to help but in essence can't do squat, it's giving some people false hope.

My intent with this thread is to simply warn other board members against the lies being told and to hopefully protect against their false hopes with so-called Cadillac Customer Service.

And by the way, I do have fun with my Jeep (insert finger here). I'm currently swapping in a V8. I'm probably more capable of working on my Escalade than the dealer but since I paid for a warranty in the price of the truck I intend to use it.
It's not up to the dealer your contract is with the manufacture of the car. Hence, if you have a GM product that is still under its original warranty take to a dealership in your town that has a good reputation. Obviously something is wrong if there is a fail in the product and dealer won't fix. GM bumper to bumper covers everything less wear items such as brakes tires. I'm assuming your Escalade is new or are you taking about an aftermarket warranty on a used car ??

That said , the Cadillac social media CS on this fourm is NOT where you go with a major issue. They do help and I have seen them help countless Cadillac owners with numerous issues. It's s great service and a testimony to a great company that pays someone a full time job to surf social media and provide most importantly feedback to the brass in Detroit as to what customers are talking about, likes and dislikes etc. I'm old enough and have owned enough cars in my life to say that Cadillac customer service is the best in the industry.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts

I'm old enough and have owned enough cars in my life to say that Cadillac customer service is the best in the industry.
[citation needed]

Oh what the heck, I'll pull up a source myself: http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-ratings/automotive/ratings/303000001/2012-Customer+Service+Index+(CSI)+Study/index.htm

Now that that's out of the way and we've established that 5 isn't the same as 1 ...

It's well established that one has to oft be reduced to 'dealer shopping' to not only get good service, but to also get warranty work acknowledged and fulfilled. Heck I've had service managers try to convince me that an engine noise was 'normal' and wouldn't try to fix it ... that is until I made them pull out two other eskys to show him. But that's symptomatic to all vehicle brands and dealerships to varying degrees, and the natural disconnect within the franchise model. And to be fair, there are plenty of honorable dealerships that will even do warranty work gratis even if the warranty has recently expired.

You propose that we should appreciate what you call no less than a 'great testimony' that a 'great' multi billion dollar company pays a few folks to show themselves in enthusiast forums. I would appreciate it, if they actually had provided me with service they offered when I actually needed it ... and if they didn't want to help that would be fine too, but i do not appreciate them actually causing harm to the process.

But with those sort of adjectives you employ to describe a corporation, it seems unlikely that you are willing to shift your bias and call both the good and the bad alike. Hopefully you'll never need to contact them with a serious issue, they agree to assist you with it, and then do nothing for days on end whilst telling you they're about to do something, hence further delaying resolution.

This happens a great deal more than you're obviously aware of and is symptomatic of a company who's service has no right to be called great, at least not to the objective observer. For when individual dealers fail/succeed in their duties and obligations they mostly represent the dealership, when someone directly employed by GM fails/succeeds in their duty, it is a direct reflection on GM itself.

For example, here the last message I got from them here via PM:

*****, I apologize for the delay! I've been attempting to contact your dealer and unfortunately haven't been able to connect with them yet. I will keep you posted tomorrow to let you know if I've been able to make more headway!

Cadillac Customer Service

This was on Dec. 26 2012 , and that was the last I ever heard from them, and that's after numerous days had already passed that I'd been waiting under the promise of help. So please spare us the hyperbole, cause a CS agent that disappears on its customer is useless. I'm happy to pull up the PMs as screen shots for show and tell if someone requires them.

Again, I love my GM SUVs and I'll probably buy another one as my next vehicle. If someone on GM themed forums has an issue with their vehicle i do not discourage them from contacting the GM CS there, I would just advise them to plan as if they're never going to do any of they things they will say they will do. That way, if they do nothing at all no time is wasted, and anything they do is a bonus. As a very wise man once said: "Expectations are the building blocks of disappointment' ... the CS agent I dealt with certainly reinforced this mantra, which is not really what you'd want from customer service.

PS. I can only speak to and from my personal experience, my comments are not related to the OP or his specific situation as I am not familiar with it.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts

Find a different dealership to deal with, the clostest one to you may not be the best for you, my dealership is 109 miles from my main home, there are 5 dealerships closer but do not offer the service or prices I like so I drive the distance, I own a lot of cars and only wish the other dealerships treated me like my Caddy dealership, seriously. :)

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I've resolved my issues, it just chaps me to see them still on here making promises that I can almost guarantee are empty.

All they did to me was delay my results for no reason. Just warning others not to waste their time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I owned a first year first run SRX that was plaques with many annoying problems that are too many to list. Cadillac fixed them all and could not have been more professional. Then, four years later I traded my SRX in for a first year first run Buick Enclave. Many annoying problems. However GM under bumper to bumper warranty covered everything no problem. The Enclave even needed a new transmission.

So, when I said customer service at Cadillac and GM was the best it came not from me just saying it but from real world first hand experience !!

·
Registered
08 Escalade, 08 BMW 535xi
14 Posts

I think he meant CS on this board. I've read a lot of other thread and its turned I out to be an empty promise. Its always goes email me your vin I'll look into it and gone. I had problems but ignored her help.

12,778 Posts

BIG85JEEP, I'm so sorry if my emails contributed to your frustrations, as I see they have from this thread! It was definitely not my intent to seemingly "vanish" on you, and I apologize that you haven't been contacted further by us regarding your concerns. I'm going to check my emails to see where the miscommunication arose on my end of things, as you should indeed expect and receive excellent service that you deserve. We are happy to keep researching for you and do not want to give the impression your options were cut off or ignored!

Soulsea, I also apologize for the unusual delay in my research with you. I have not forgotten about your circumstances and have been attempting to investigate for you. If you would like any updates at any point in the meantime, please do let me know via private message!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
146 Posts
Honestly guys y'all give them too much credit. There is not a magic wand they can wave and automatically have the dealer do what you want. Each dealership is very different, and run different. I do believe that the reps here try as hard as they can to resolve the issues but honestly how much power do they actually have. I highly doubt the dealer gives a hoot about some rep calling/emailing them about a problem that they obviously didn't feel was big enough to fix I first place.

To sum it up, stop acting like its the reps fault for your problems. They don't have as much pull as you think. Second if you have a problem with your dealer go to another, most of the time it will be better if you tell them your reasoning for changing dealerships.
Lastly we should be grateful that caddi even employs these reps to monitor this forum that's good customer service in itself. So stop whining and blaming problems on someone just because you didn't get the outcome you expected

----------

If you don't like something the solution is actually very simple...

CHANGE IT

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts

The cust service reps on this and other forums do their best to assist, so dont blame them...they are doing all they are able to and they do some times get resolution. They have their hands tied so much...even the replies come from an approved script so that makes it difficult for the consumer not seeing how much their hands are tied.

Most of this is the indvidual dealer/service center that trys to BS and mislead the car owner so it relects badly on the brand.

There are some great service centers...just need to get the word out to all which ones to buy your car from, and which to avoid or it will never get better. The amount of pressure the service dept is under to generate profit is a ton, and reimbursment for warranty work is at a rate generally $30-$50 an hour LESS than standard shop rate if they can convince you its not covered, etc.

Dont loose confidance in the brand, and the cust service reps here and elswhere are trying to help......there is only so much they can do to force a dealers hand, and thats no much.

Good luck! (Ford/Crys/and every import is not much better). It's the individual dealership that puts instant profits above any long term relationship.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.