Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 2008 Cadillac CTS in June last year (2014) with around 95'000 kms. In the next 2 month, I got this problem twice : Flashing lights appears when driving saying .. Repair stabilitrak, repair power steering, repair Brake assist systems. All this in the same time. Both time, they replaced the wheel bearing saying that the sensor in it had failed. Both time it was covered so I did'nt pay anything (thank god). Last night, SAME PROBLEM. I've got it for a year now and I have to replace another wheel bearing for the third time? What is going on here? Is it normal?? I've seen that it could cost me around 500$ to replace this, is it true?! I don't have any coverage now and if I have to replace one every couple of months it's going to be hell..

Thank's for the help, and sorry for bad english.. Live in Quebec. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
This is not normal. What is your dealer doing wrong?

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Are you saying the same wheel bearing has failed 3 times or are they different wheels? GM warranties parts for 1 year so if it's the same wheel, go back to the dealer for a replacement. If they have failed on 3 different wheels, it's another thing entirely. However, I would still go back to the dealer for a diagnosis.

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck with your problem, Marv

PS - your English is fine!

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that the first two were not the same. I don't know for the last one yet, I have to diagnose it.. If it's all different wheels would it be "more normal"? Is it something we eventually have to change?

Thank you for your help everyone :)

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I don't think its "normal" but there have been quite a few replaced on this site. It would be unusual for repeated failures though.

Good Luck, Marv

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI AWD
932 Posts
I've had 3 wheel hub/bearing replaced at about 150,000 miles for the same issue. There is a magnetic sensor ring on the outside of the wheel hub/bearing that breaks and the entire wheel hub/bearing need replacement. It is an expensive repair. My shop did it for me about $300 per wheel for parts and labor.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
604 Posts
Look at it this way... all wheel bearings will eventually need replaced, they're a wear item. You've had to replace 3 of 4 now, only 1 more to go. Given they would all be of the same age and mileage, you might expect to have to replace that one soon as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts