Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
LoL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming you are 50 years younger than the average Cadillac driver (aka 25), which would you rather have? My friend is looking at both and I think it'd be out of place for him to get the CTS since he is so young. Discuss.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
I bought a 2006 STS 1SG when I was 25.... Now I've changed to a CTS and I'm 3 years older :). It's a good car and definitely fitting my age.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
The CTS is a sport sedan in the class of a BMW 5 series, not a large barge like the DTS or Cadillacs of old. I'm 28 and have a 08 CTS and I know for sure there's a lot of guys even younger than me on this forum with a CTS. It's the car Cadillac should have always built. Plus...it should be up to your friend which car he likes better (price, performance, handling, styling, quality, etc.) regardless of people's perceptions of a brand name.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Assuming you are 50 years younger than the average Cadillac driver (aka 25), which would you rather have? My friend is looking at both and I think it'd be out of place for him to get the CTS since he is so young. Discuss.
The BMW is nice but the interior really gets old quickly. If he's buying a newer CTS, he'll be much more comfortable in it and if he gets the 3.6DI performance will be better...

·
Registered
'10 V Thunder Gray
12 Posts
I feel a lot younger after reading this thread. I'm over 40 and love my new '10 FE3. love it. Never thought I'd even consider a caddy, but no regrets at all.

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
I'm no fan of the 328 but my wife does call the CTS my 'grown up' car. I'm an immature 48 year old!:D

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
42 Posts
I'm 25 and have had my CTS for 2 years now. My 30 yr. old sister has a 328 and she has even admitted that it's pretty lame sitting next to my CTS. The exterior lines are much sexier than the 328 and the CTS interior is much nicer hands down.

·
Registered
'10 CTS Prem 3.6 DI-FE3 / RWD / Wht Dmd / Ebony Recaro Seats
166 Posts
The 328i lacks power. The 335 is nice if space isn't an issue. The three series is very cramped in the back seat.

·
Registered
Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat
216 Posts
Im 27 and got my 08 as a Christmas gift to myself when I was 24. Perfect!

Now, when I feel old I take my built-up 03 Mustang GT to the track(street) to have some fun or my Shinka RX8 or my Expedition EB 4x4. I would usually take a ride on my M109r but sold it when I got Hitched.

·
Registered
LoL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm 25 and have had my CTS for 2 years now. My 30 yr. old sister has a 328 and she has even admitted that it's pretty lame sitting next to my CTS. The exterior lines are much sexier than the 328 and the CTS interior is much nicer hands down.
She must have cataracts, I'd get that checked out for her sake.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 4
348 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
This thread has side by side photos. If you didn't know which was the Caddy, I would say the blue car looks like the old man car. Here is what I would tell your buddy. If he wants people to be in awe of his car when he is telling them about it, get the BMW. If he wants people to be in awe when they see it, get the caddy.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/205534-one-week-new-cts.html
The photos show a 530i with the CTS which compares better by size and performance than the 3 series. Where the CTS kicks ass is in price; what you get for your dollar.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
You mean it's the same size as a BMW 5? It most certainly is not a comparable car like a Mercedes E is.
Size wise if you actually do a comparison it's much more comparable to a 5 series or e-class. With the exception of the lack of an engine choice between the 3.6DI and the V along the lines of a 535 or E500, I would cross shop the three any day. Have you actually looked at the CTS inside and out or are you going off of your preconceived perceptions of the brands? Even if there are some lower-end interior bits on the CTS I'm not paying 10k-20k more to get a comparable Merc. or BMW. I just don't care that much about a name.

Honestly though it does all come down to preferences. See what you or your friend actually likes more and get it. I never like to see people stuck with cars they're not happy with.

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5
369 Posts
Why are you all feeding this idiot troll?

Tell "your friend" to go get an Evo, then he can be a 25yo douchgebag that acts like 17.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Build quality is about 100X better than a Cadillac, hands down. Might look ok on the skin, inside, good luck!

A SORRY TROLL

Get real. I come from a 5er w/Premium and Sport packages. The 5er kills the 3er in every way, including the interior of which you speak. I've given up nothing by moving to the LUX CTS from the 5er.

5er = CTS > 3er

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.