Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6 RWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 08 Cadillac cts with adaptive hid headlamps. For some time now the headlamp socket ( the plastic piece around the glass projector) has been vibrating. When I am at idle behind a car or facing a wall I will see the headlamp shake. Is there any way to tighten the plastic to prevent it from shaking?

The bulb does not shake. It is only the piece of plastic with glass projector.

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for the lack of correct terminology regarding the parts. Hopefully what I am describing is clear.

·
Registered
CTS
51 Posts

·
Registered
2005 3.6 cts, 2011 AWD coupe cts
202 Posts
Or if someone else owned the car or you and replaced some bulbs, it's quite certain that some bolts especially the bottom and side ones of the lamp assembly. weren't tightened all the way reinstalling resulting in a minor shake even if by a few threads.

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6 RWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will definitely look at the headlamp assembly and see if the bulb is loose. I probably wouldn't be comfortable disassembling the unit. Seems quite difficult.

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
Light spot shaking might be a sign of bad engine mounts. Do you have vibrations on the hood and door panels also? If yes, the only way is to replace the mounts.

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6 RWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No vibration on hood or door panels. when i look at the headlamp, only the plastic holding the glass projector vibrates and it only happens on one side. I think it is the adaptive lighting mechanism that's loose.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
I had this problem they replace something inside the headlight I will have to look at the paper work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts