Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these out? Do you have a particular ebay vendor that you would recommend? I am a little nervous with the comments on some of these ebay sites, ie the chrome grill add-ons that use a 3M adhesive...

It seems like it would make the CTS grill look a lot better... but i just dont trust it yet. If you have any experience with these, please let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/v/tHhCBxcK69k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-2009-2010-08-09-10-Cadillac-CTS-Chrome-Grille-Trim-/350318545751?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51909ccb57

·
Registered
2010 cts
20 Posts
beanjapan,I purchased these on e-bay for my 2010 Black FE3. Install was very easy quality was excellent and the pictures you are looking at don't due the end effect justice.My personal opinion is that they make the front end more attractive than my neighbors V. Go ahead and install,you will be pleased.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
On my 08 I had a painted grill, for my 2010 I decided to try these chrome inserts and I am very happy with their appearance. I don't remember the ebay seller I got them from but they were something like $89 plus $15 shipping.
Just remember to clean the grill with alcohol real good before installing the new chrome parts.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the information guys! I was mostly wondering on price, and the appearance. I think I'm going to get it soon then. I'll order up the parts off ebay in a little bit. If you have pictures of how yours came out, please post them! :-D

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
This has all been posted ad nauseum before but here ya go:

·
Registered
2009 cts
217 Posts
I ordered them as well. I like the look! May I suggest putting a wax on them after installing. The bugs come off easier.

·
Registered
'08 CTS
189 Posts
Can anyone recommend an reputable vendor for these inserts? I Googled the item and found a number of different sellers, none of which I recognize.

·
Registered
2009 cts
217 Posts
This is where I got mine "THAT HUBCAP AND WHEEL COVER PLACE." I like them because the are chromed "plastic"....won't rust in winter

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI. everything but nav.current mileage 11800 km.
84 Posts
i put mine on today.....they look very sharp,,,,,the hardest part was pulling the tape off the glue pieces,,,,i had a pair off needle nose pliers close by to help !

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
I put these on my black CTS last year, and WOW!!
My car is like night and day next to my dad's CTS.
If you think people stared at your before.... just wait!

I also put on chrome door handles... VERY VERY NICE.... blend in so well with the side vents...

...And yesterday, I put on chrome B-pillars!

I know... I know... a little bling bling, but I think they do look sharp!

The grille and handles are no brainers. They NEED to be chrome.

The window trim... I'll have to post some pics..!

·
Registered
CTS
61 Posts
I ordered this set and like everyone has mentioned it is looks soooo nice and makes a big difference in the overall appearance of the front grill. Almost like its a special edition CTS :)

Question for anyone that has this grill, One of the bottom peices did is not sitting as good as the rest, it is slightly up and no matter how hard i press it it comes up slightly. Nothing anyone can see by looking at it but of course it bugs me a bit.

Any suggustions on a type of glue or a way to get this to hold. Its just the corner of the bottom peice.

Thanks

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
I just bought a black 08 CTS and I am going to buy the chrome grill inserts (it looks so nice). I also would like to replace the black plastic pieces where the fog lights and brake duct are. Does someone know where i could find these pieces in chrome.

Thank's in advance for the answer.

Mart1111

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI. everything but nav.current mileage 11800 km.
84 Posts
search e bay i'm sure that you will find what your looking for.....the only issue with the chrome inserts that i had is the strips that go on the third rowat the bumper level don't join together nicely in the middle.....i'm canadian and i'm requiered to have a front license plate so that hides it ,,,,but if i didn't have a plate it would be noticeable.....anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
yes, I do, but I thought it was only me. I was very careful to test fit them and applied them but the bottom row,drivers side does not line up properly with the other side.

·
Registered
08 CTS
176 Posts
Just ordered mine, will arrive tomorrow,June 09. Ordered from the HUPCAP PLACE off internet, $110 to my front door. Am sure I will like them. All the photo look great. Any thing special I need to know before installing them?----Thanks!

·
Registered
08 CTS
176 Posts
They arrived today,took about 30 minutes to install. Careful on the bottom one due to some having problems with the alinement. Mine matched perfect.I beleive the secret is to make sure the bottom is fully snapped under the old grille piece. This locks everything in place and insures a perfect alinement. I think I am going to be satisfied with them. It gives the front end a lot better look,IMO more classy.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts