Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that GM has listed the 2011 Nav Disc for the CTS. Has any one received it? Is there anything new to report or just another map update?

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
Just noticed that today - looks like just another map/software update. Lets all hope the data is a bit more current than last years. No Gracenotes media listed for 2011.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
just ordered it today; (first update ever on an 08 with maps from Feb. 07). Will update once received.:suspense:

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
So far - all map updates(2) to the 2008 NAV have included software updates and fixes for the map, nav, and audio applications. The maps are usually far from current but since the original 08 map and nav application, there have been substantial enhancements that have greatly improved the NAV functions and capabilities. Numerous fixes have also been provided. Install generally requires around 2 1/2 to 3 hours but can be checkpointed and restarted numerous times rather than sitting in your running car for 3 hours.

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
Does anyone have the sw version for the latest maps at hand? I bought my car last month, would be nice to confirm that I have the most recent version of software and maps.

Thanks;

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
Does anyone have the sw version for the latest maps at hand? I bought my car last month, would be nice to confirm that I have the most recent version of software and maps.

Thanks;
Will post the info when I get the latest map just posted for 2008-2011 CTS - part # 22790324 on navdisc.com web site. Mine is on its way and should arrive by Monday. With your 2011 you hopefully have a map date later than May 2009 which came out earlier this year(spring) with the 2010 update. Check CONFIG for your map date.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
Got the disc today but no AUTH code supplied with the invoice doc. Called NAVDISC and waiting for the 1 GM rep who apparently can get/generate the auth code. Uses your VIN to create auth code. I suspect tomorrow will be a frustrating one getting this code.
Software is V3.14 and map is dated 5/10/2010.

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
Thanks. I'm showing App version 3.03.0100 and database 14.83.15.050509.24. I'm guessing this is an old version. The car was delivered to me on November 29th. How easily do you think they will provide the upgrade at no charge?

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,540 Posts
rkp

your maps are dated may 5, 2009. You have no chance of getting a free upgrade...sorry.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
Thanks. I'm showing App version 3.03.0100 and database 14.83.15.050509.24. I'm guessing this is an old version. The car was delivered to me on November 29th. How easily do you think they will provide the upgrade at no charge?
You have the current version of software/maps prior to the just released 2011 update.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
NAVDISC update: Called them today and was told that apparently I am not the only one missing the AUTH code. They are supposed to contact me later today when the issue is resolved(hopefully providing me with the code). We'll see where this heads.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
NAVDISC update: Called them today and was told that apparently I am not the only one missing the AUTH code. They are supposed to contact me later today when the issue is resolved(hopefully providing me with the code). We'll see where this heads.
Got my disc today and yup, no code. I thought it was a bit strange that I didn't have to put in the VIN when I ordered. Called them at 6:30 tonight and they said I need to talk to Chuck or Richard who had both left for the day. Will try first thing in the AM and update everyone from there.

P.S. it now looks like the website is requiring a VIN for ordering so those that are ordering from now on I would think would not have this problem...

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,821 Posts
Got my call from Chuck - software fix was made so they can now generate auth codes from your VIN. Got my auth code today after verifying my VIN with them. Running update now. Went right to MAP update. Apparently no software on this disc - curious since the version went to V3.14. Perhaps the software will get updated after the map is done but normally the map is the last piece installed.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
Got my call from Chuck - software fix was made so they can now generate auth codes from your VIN. Got my auth code today after verifying my VIN with them. Running update now. Went right to MAP update. Apparently no software on this disc - curious since the version went to V3.14. Perhaps the software will get updated after the map is done but normally the map is the last piece installed.
jg...did the software update for you? That's half the reason I bought the disc as I'm still running version 1. something software...

G

·
Can anyone say whether the price ($200 as far as I can tell) has historically ever been discounted? I'm guessing no, since there only seems like one source, but if there is traditionally a sale or something, I can hold off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
they really get you on the shipping too...$15+ for USPS which I believe was my cheapest option.

On another note I was able to obtain an auth. code today just by calling navdisc center so I was able to get the update done. As jg said, it goes straight to map update. It does also update the software to the newest 3.14 version as well however. I'm not sure when it does it or if it even tells you it's doing it as I did not sit in the car while the update was running.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
sometimes you might see last year's disc available for either $150 or $100 after this year's disc is available ... but most of the time they sell out of discs so that doesn't happen very often

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
also keep an eye out for discs on ebay ... often unscrupulous dealership or auction employees will snatch up discs and sell them online for $100 or $150 (sometimes less)

1 - 20 of 165 Posts