Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2009
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cadillac CTS 2009 and is fully loaded - This is the 4th time in a year the Nav system goes down - I have nothing on the system - Heating Cooling etc. they have reset the computer and will work for awhile ... now I have no Bluetooth. has any one else having this problem?

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I have a Cadillac CTS 2009 and is fully loaded - This is the 4th time in a year the Nav system goes down - I have nothing on the system - Heating Cooling etc. they have reset the computer and will work for awhile ... now I have no Bluetooth. has any one else having this problem?
jsmith, I also have a fully loaded 2009 CTS, but I'm not having any issues with the Nav system going down.
You've mentioned you have nothing on the system (heating, cooling, etc) when the system goes down, and now you don't have Bluetooth.
It sounds like you're having a rather significant intermittent issue with the center stack array (not just a Nav system or Bluetooth problem).
I wonder if there's a harness/connector somewhere inside your center stack that's loose / not properly connected? Has your GM dealer/service dept checked that out yet?
Maybe your CTS needs to have the body (vehicle) software refreshed/reloaded.

I'm curious.. what version of Nav Radio system application software are you running on your '09 CTS? With your Nav Radio unit turned on and the screen up, press the CONFIG button.. then press the "Nav" tab near the top of the screen.. then press the screen option box entitled "Map Database Information". On the Map Database Information screen, what "Application Version" is it showing?
For info.. on my '09 CTS I'm running app version 3.03.0100 which is the latest app version that's included on the 2010 Nav Map Database Update disc (GM Nav Disc).

·
Registered
Cadillac
43 Posts
There's a TSB on intermittent operation problems with some ancillary items due to wire chafing in the engine compartment. I don't have the number or the details, but it should be findable.

Correction: There are several. Some brief descriptions list various items (nav not mentioned), others just say general issues. There's also one or more on ONSTAR issues, for anyone following that thread.

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/select.html?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts