Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
I know the isn't going to be popular, but Cadillac's current design style is just OK for me, but I just don't love the cars. I think the ATS-V looks great, but the rest are just OK in my book. The CT6 is no exception.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Luxury
21 Posts
I like it a lot. Looks fantastic. I am worried that GMs pricing fiasco with the gen 3 CTS will turn current Caddy owners away from moving up the scale of Cadillac's inventory. This will probably bring in 1st time Caddy purchasers. That's what the ATS did for me. They should give it a real name like Eldorado or Fleetwood for example.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
Gminsidernews.com has many more pictures and a good write-up on features.

I wouldn't call it exciting looking. But it certainly is stately and, unlike the Lincoln Continental concept that doesn't look like the brand, this cannot be mistaken for anything other than a Cadillac. It's got a solid, planted look. Interesting that the grill leans forward. I like it. Would have preferred more vertical tail lamps (these look very much like the 2005 DTS) but at least it's a tidy back end. Like the proportions of the profile and that it's pretty much lost the "high butt" look that dominates the XTS's profile.

But the interior is a bit of a disappointment. Glad they changed the center stack. The one piece look, sweeping up into the dash, is found on just about every car and was getting old. Unfortunately, the dash shape reminds me too much of the 2000 series Park Avenue. And the door panels are boring. In person may change my perception.

Definitely a better effort than the XTS, enough to get me into the show room. As someone has already noted, pricing policy should be interesting.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
The dash resembles the elmiraj dash with less wood

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
They have been showing this car in their latest advertising campaign, "dare greatness". At first I thought it was a CTS but noticed it was different.
Why do the concept cars look so good, I want one now and them they come up with the ATS/CTS/CT6 that only people with a sharp eye can even tell the is a difference. Yeah BMW is like that now with their 3/5/7. But it's great if you own a entry model, but as you progress through pricing, you'd want more style.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
New CT6 Info and pics

Still arent liking those rear lights compared to 2nd GEN - but probably couldnt afford anyway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Geez looks like a stretched ATS/CTS. And it will probably start at 70 grand with a four banger.
Cadillac needs to get their act together and lose their arrogant Prez. They have some good product but have completely lost their marketsense.
Lucky for them the rappers picked up on the Escalade or they would have nothing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I was at the New York auto show today and saw the new CT6 up close. It looks much larger in person and does not look at all like a stretched out CTS. They had all four doors open on the rotating stage so you were able to get a good look inside and the interior is in a whole new league for Cadillac.

I am surprised and a bit disappointed that they would even offer a four cylinder in a car the size of a 7 series BMW and Mercedes Benz S class. Who knows if that's true and if it will see the light of day come next year when she rolls out.

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5
369 Posts
Wowee - A stretched CTS in a market where they can't give away CTS, with a car whose styling has been criticized for being too bland

Another fine marketing job Cadillac - you sure know how to own your market :bigroll:

·
Registered
2016 ATSV Black A8 Polished Rims Recaros Luxury Safety
8 Posts
Really like the new CT6. Looks like a cross between the highly successful LS460 and S Class, but more tasteful. If I'm ever in the market for a luxobarge, this will definitely be on my cross shop list.

----------

Really like the new CT6. Looks like a cross between the highly successful LS460 and S Class, but more tasteful. If I'm ever in the market for a luxobarge, this will definitely be on my cross shop list.
And I should have clarified the last gen LS460 sans predator grill. :)

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
I wonder if that 34 speakers will actually make it sound like a home surround sound

1 - 20 of 23 Posts