Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a postcard from my dealer yesterday that stated that the current Cadillac CPO program will be changing after 4/24/09. The new program is supposed to be competitive with other brands, but won't be an extension of the bumper-to-bumper coverage for 6/100. The card listed all their available CPO vehicles, implying that we should buy now before there is less of a CPO warranty.

Has anyone else heard of this, or is this just a marketing gimmick from the dealer? If there are going to be changes to the program, does anyone know the details?

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke with my salesman this afternoon and he said the CPO program will be eliminating coverage for "wear and tear items". He gave the example of radio button labels wearing. Under the current CPO program, GM would replace the radio or buttons for worn labels. Under the new program, GM would consider it a wear and tear item and not cover repair / replacement. He said that if something like a power window motor failed under the old or new 100K warranty, it would be replaced.

·
Registered
05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)
960 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get what was covered under the old program? The websites have the new contract and details saying nothing wear and tear is covered.

·
Registered
Cadillac
65 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get what was covered under the old program? The websites have the new contract and details saying nothing wear and tear is covered.
Yes, I'd be interested as well. I'm having a heck of a time getting my dealer to pinpoint what is covered and what isn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts