Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes an '02 Seville STS better than an '02 Eldorado ETC? What are the facts? I know the Seville is on an updated chassy - does that mean it handles better? I hope somebody will take the time to explain any differences - besides the obvious...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
it's not an updated chassis rather it's an updated suspension. Both STS and 50th anniversary vette came out with the newer suspension which is supposedly more responsive than any other system out on this earth by a margin.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Seville STS
45 Posts
The biggest thing is the suspension system in the Seville Touring Sedan is better yet the Eldorado Touring Coupe is a two door so it weights a few hundred pounds less.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,999 Posts
......at least you're going back and doing some research, but be careful.....all STS' are not the same......by a long shot.

Keep searching, and read every post by Beelzebob......it's all info cast in stone from On High. A lot has been learned in the 5 years since Post #2 above.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
The best handling of all Seville's is the late '02 and '03 Seville STS with the MagneRide suspension system. Also eliminates the need to replace the CVRSS shocks at 100k miles. As STS2003 and Sub will tell you, the handling is much improved over the old setup. Jan '02 is the breaking point for MR, though I'm not sure of the exact VIN# that it starts up at.

The Eldo ETC use the same suspension setup from the 4th Gen. STS. It's not nearly as well handling as the '98 model. Though to be honest, none of the FWD cars handle as well as the '05+ STS does. Especially when you opt for the sports package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts