Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
jay leno talks with ed welburn at pebble beach next to the Ciel ... jay brings up the doors almost right off the bat

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/pebble-beach/cadillac-ciel-concept/
Cabinet doors... Well whatever they want to call them just make it happen... Those are pretty trick how they open with the button on top and notice he said rear door will not open unless the front door is open... I believe this car has much more potential to come off the assembly line than concept cars we've seen in the past from Cadillac... I really like the wood dash, not faux plastic as many of older models in the past... It would have been nice to see that hood go up just to view the mess stuffed in there... Hybrid is here to stay whether we like it or not... 425 HP with rear wheel drive this has potential for a V version in the future... It's not the Cadillac for everybody, but if I had the money dam right I'd have one maybe a year or so after they hit the market... Anybody know how long it took for the Camaro to hit the streets after it had it's show like this? I remember seeing it on one of the automotive programs but don't remember when that was.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Mr Welburn also said that they keep the doors automatic on the concept vehicle to make sure nobody messes them up
(the motor will open them with the same amount of force every time... and stop when it reaches the end of it's ability)
so the auto doors will obviously not make it to production

but i'd love for the rest of it to make it to production, especially the wood inserts... note that they said not a veneer ... whole piece of wood!

·
Premium Member
Cadillac Escalade
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The automatic doors would weigh down the vehicle as well. I'd rather just have regular suicide doors that you have to open yourself. Self-closing/sealing the way the competition does is fine, however..

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,652 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.