Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up these two CB mics. I like these given the "Cadillac" marques on each, whereas the standard mics are branded Delco or GM. I'd like to connect one to a radio and make it functional. It would be great to find an aftermarket unit (Cobra, Uniden, Midland, etc.) that may be compatible. However, it looks like my only option is to go OEM. Thoughts? Anyone else have either of these particular Cadillac mics in your cars?

Attachments

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Picked up these two CB mics. I like these given the "Cadillac" marques on each, whereas the standard mics are branded Delco or GM. I'd like to connect one to a radio and make it functional. It would be great to find an aftermarket unit (Cobra, Uniden, Midland, etc.) that may be compatible. However, it looks like my only option is to go OEM. Thoughts? Anyone else have either of these particular Cadillac mics in your cars?
I believe I have the one on the right in all black (I have the cb radio from an 86 FWB d'elegance.) I think in the late 80s, gm sold an aftermarket under dash cb (branded delco, but subbed out) for a few years.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
The problem is the Cadillac ones worked the radio features and were not just a mic.
Someone who knew radios could put a proper cord on and wire it to just function as a mic for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts