Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 cadillac seville STS and recently the ABS and brake light have come on. The digital display states "brake fluid switch problem 37" then the message "Traction disabled 88" comes on. I repaced the fuild level sensor but still get the same thing. Where and how do I find the brake fluid switch? I have the cadillac service manual and can't find that code or type of part. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
First off, Welcome aboard! Thanks for signing up..... Usually we are a little more prompt about responding to threads, so dont leave!!!! I dont normally check out this forum, since it isnt in my dominion :)

Have you done the self diagnosis.... through the climate control...... if you havent, do so..... if you have, post the codes....

Also, do you have the chiltons manual, or the FSM (factory service manual)? If you have the chiltons, you may as well chuck it and get a FSM..... the chiltons are worth a little more then nothing.....

Also, does it seem like the car has noticeably less power???

·
Registered
192 Posts
My 94 Eldo was intermittently throwing up the ABS AND brake warning lights and disabling traction control (only for my wife). I toured a couple of boards and got some good tips and the problem went away on its own (I pray!).
Always check the elec connectors first. There is a module under the air intake tubing that controls brakes and traction (EBCTM, I think it's called). There are multiple connectors there which could have bounced off. Check the sensors at each wheel. Check the brake fluid. Pray.

·
Registered
586 Posts
my car has the same prob. one of the wires on the snesor keeps coming loose. giggle it a little then turn the car off and turn it back on. that always fixes mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
AKPsiMC03