Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
With the new gen 6 Camaro ready for launch, and an eventual high performance option, i.e., 1LE, etc., probably in the works, it seems a natural progression that the ATS (built on the same platform) would offer the larger engine as well.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
I'm sure all the forum's will be for it but I wonder how many will actually be interested in buying it. $70k ATS-V+? I also don't see this information helping to sell the V.

I hope they do it (and find a market for it) but I wouldn't buy it.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I'm sure all the forum's will be for it but I wonder how many will actually be interested in buying it. $70k ATS-V+? I also don't see this information helping to sell the V.

If it is actually lighter than the V6 as some say and the center of mass is also the same or lower I think I would have bought one. The biggest obstacle for me now is family loyalty since my son finished his engineering PhD and got snapped up by Ford. I have owned and liked Fords (own a Mustang and SVT Focus now) so if Ford has something as interesting in the same or other ways, I will probably be buying a Ford next.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The thing is though that when the ATS-V was in production everyone was like "it should have a V8!". Now that one is possibly coming out
I wonder how many will actual purchase it.

A lot of talks in the forums, I agree. I wouldn't purchase either. The regular V is more than enough for me.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/no-v-8-powered-ats-v-plus-pipeline-213800670.html

While it’s always fun to think a newer, hotter, more ferocious super-performance version of an already incredible car like the Cadillac ATS-V is on the way, that’s just not the case, this time. There is no ATS-V Plus in the works.

That’s the official word from Cadillac’s communications manager David Caldwell, who told Motor Authority that reports of the V-8-powered ATS-V Plus, rumored on Motor Trend and elsewhere, won’t be happening--in no uncertain terms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts