Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
None
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V.

The smallest and lightest V model ever, Cadillac has applied years of development from its CTS-V models, not to mention a racing program that has been winning championships on race tracks across America for over a decade.

So where better to put Caddy’s claims to the test than on the long straights and complex corners of the Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 circuit in Austin, Texas?
Turbocharged Power

The lessons learned for this car may come from the past, but Cadillac certainly didn’t borrow from the archives when it came to the ATS-V’s engine. While past V models have been V8s and often supercharged ones at that, that’s certainly not the case here. Instead there’s a new twin-turbo V6.
Read the complete Cadillac ATS-V Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
I'm REALLY impressed by this car, not only about the performance, but the looks too as I think it is a much better looking car than the upcoming Gen 3 CTS-V.

While I have no intention of giving up my Gen 2 V-coupe in the near future, if I were to, I would most likely go with the ATS-V over the Gen 3 CTS-V. Much better looking and while it may not have the brawny V8, you are not giving up much in performance, it's better looking (IMO), and it will will be cheaper.

Cadillac did a great job on this car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Excellent review. Most all reviews/videos I've seen so far today (I assume the embargo was lifted at 12:00 a.m. last night) have been very positive, except, ironically, the first one I read, which was Road and Track - which basically dogged the engine...which is SO strange as every other review has praised it.

I have to agree with AutoGuides criticisms of the interior...rental car gauge cluster unchanged (which Cadillac should have upgraded to the CTS TFT digital display for the ATS-V), and the deplorable rear seat legroom, which of course they can't really change until a new model/platform arrives.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Very nice video. Kinda silly, but do you guys think by removing the front LED lighting takes away some of the front end visual impact of the car? Nothing better than seeing a lid up Cadillac front end at night, very high impact LED's. But this car is awesome, can't wait to see it at the dealers!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very nice video. Kinda silly, but do you guys think by removing the front LED lighting takes away some of the front end visual impact of the car? Nothing better than seeing a lid up Cadillac front end at night, very high impact LED's. But this car is awesome, can't wait to see it at the dealers!
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!! However, though I've never seen them on, in some pics it looks like the lights are still there, just never on? Has anyone confirmed this?

·
Registered
ATS
455 Posts
ATS V doesnt have LED lower lights, those are vents for the brakes but I agree, I wish it had them. CTS-V3 has them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts