Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
SRX and ATS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. First time post and may be my last... Just curious if I am the alone in my disappointment...
In mid September my sons car broke down. We had him drive the wife's 2011 SRX (which we absolutely love!) back to college. A week later I got sick. Within days I found myself diagnosed with Lung cancer and driving a rental... Two days after that I did what anyone in my situation would do - I bought a new Cadillac. Bear with me - this story is on topic - I promise...

I really didn't ask many questions and pretty much blew off the test drive figuring it was a cadillac, I wasn't concerned at all.

The first night I realized there was no accent lighting inside I was a little annoyed... A couple of days before I realized there was no back up camera or parking assist I was shocked. No rain sensor wipers was just somewhat comical. I could go on but admit it may seem trivial.

I don't blame the dealer - why would they tell me what it didn't have. I based my assumption on experience and the reputation of cadillac being a luxury vehicle - some are not.

It's a lease and I got a good price so I will just drive it looking like a caddy feeling like a stripped down Impala until the lease is over and go from there.

Yes - I expect to still be here in 4 years - the cancer is in remission. 

C

·
0 Posts
Hi & Welcome

It sounds like you should have done some research into what you were buying.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Welcome and goodbye? Hope you remain healthy for a very long time to come. Cancer sucks the big one!

Yeah, you have take the hit on this one though. You assumed when you should have researched before buying.

----------

You should have bought a Honda Accord; they come with those things standard!
Ha Ha very funny! You're probably right though.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:welcome: Glad to hear your cancer is in remission.

Hard to imagine what you describe is a Cadillac. They seem to have lost their way. I remember when the only surprise you got after buying a Cadillac was the features you where unaware of.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Well, jump into a stripper BMW or MB and it's worse.

Lost its way? Only doing what every other successful luxury maker does.

Funny, but the ATS even in stripped down form offers more basic driving enjoyment than any other marque. But, stodgy old people want boats of yore.

Go buy an Equus.

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
Following the rest of the Lemmings over the edge of the cliff doesn't set you (Cadillac) apart or above the rest.

But, stodgy old people want boats of yore.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and is nothing more than an out of place derogatory comment.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Wanna bet ?
I resemble that remark :) I'm a senior citizen and I wouldn't touch one of the 'boats of yore".

Well I'm confused. The OP says he bought it, but then says it's a lease. I've never leased but I would think the dealer would let you change the lease if it meant more money. i.e. an XTS or a better equipped ATS

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I resemble that remark :) I'm a senior citizen and I wouldn't touch one of the 'boats of yore".

Well I'm confused. The OP says he bought it, but then says it's a lease. I've never leased but I would think the dealer would let you change the lease if it meant more money. i.e. an XTS or a better equipped ATS
But then he'd have to pay for things that he's not paying for now.

Give me everything, all the time, now!

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
But then he'd have to pay for things that he's not paying for now.

Give me everything, all the time, now!
That's my point. If you aren't happy, suck it up or spend more for what you want in a Cadi. I may be wrong, but I don't think you are trapped in a specific lease if the dealer wants return customers.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
How much time have you spent on boats of yore?
"Boats of yore" - Diesel submarines - 5 years, '58 through '62, USS HARDHEAD (SS 365) and USS PIPER (SS 409).

Get into this - a virtual tour of a sister ship to both of those ^^^ ................. You do the whole tour with your mouse.

http://www.maritime.org/tour/index.php

When you get to the After Torpedo Room and look forward (opposite the tubes) - my bunk was the top left (port) next to the escape trunk skirt. Remember: I'm 6' 2.5". Diesel duty was head bump city.

----------

I resemble that remark :) I'm a senior citizen and I wouldn't touch one of the 'boats of yore"
Hmmm............. I could handle a cherry '49 convertible.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1949+cadillac+convertible+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4vAaVd_UEsrfsATr5YLQAw&ved=0CDMQ7Ak&biw=1366&bih=620

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Personally, I've always enjoyed being a member of the Automotive Yacht Club. 1981 Ford LTD CV, 1992 Ford CV retired police car, 1993 Lincoln Town Car, 1993 Buick Roadmaster, and now my 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse. I like big, old, floaty, unresponsive boatmobiles with low-tech amenities and the turning radius of a Greyhound bus.

I'm not sure if I'm an 'old people' or not. I am probably a bit stodgy. I'm not eating prunes and bran muffins yet or anything, but I have been considering adding Centrum Silver to my daily routine.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Bran muffins and prunes ??? Phooey - I'm sitting here chewing on an Evan Williams 1783 bourbon and water. The smell of fresh coffee at 0700 takes care of the prunes thing ...................

If you're "stodgy" at 37 you have real problems ................ I plan on staying on the correct side of the daisies for quite a while yet.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Yeah about that. What is up with that? Every guy I have ever met who sailed under has been over 6 ft!
I think squids just like bumping their heads because it feels so good when they stop. I spent a lot of time on carriers and they have many hatches to duck under too. I used to keep my flight deck helmet on when I went below for skull protection.

·
Super Moderator
86,781 Posts
As long as this thread has gone completely off topic I'll add that a few years ago I took a tour of the U.S.S. New Jersey. That was enough give me a whole new appreciation for the Infantry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts