Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can say it because I don't like the shape, particularly the back half. Proportions matter, and the Lyriq looks graceful and in proportion despite having a similar overall body plan:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

The prototype looks blocky and stunted from the B pillar back.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
Something electric
738 Posts
Would’ve preferred a smaller SUV in the first place, but I’ll take the Lyriq.
The Lyriq isn't an SUV; it's a fat stationwagon. The Cadillac Escalade, Rivian R1S, and Lucid Gravity are SUVs. Lyriq is the same height as the Tesla Model Y CUV. So you're already getting a "smaller SUV." There aren't any "SUVs" smaller than the Model Y, Audi eTron, or Cadillac Lyriq! (There are barely any CUVs smaller!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Lyriq isn't an SUV; it's a fat stationwagon. The Cadillac Escalade, Rivian R1S, and Lucid Gravity are SUVs. Lyriq is the same height as the Tesla Model Y CUV. So you're already getting a "smaller SUV." There aren't any "SUVs" smaller than the Model Y, Audi eTron, or Cadillac Lyriq! (There are barely any CUVs smaller!)
I have to agree the Lyriq is within a few inches of the dimensions, in all directions, of many wagons and even has worse ground clearance; even some other electric SUVs are consider small station wagons by EPA. There is nothing SUV-like about about that. I swear CUVs are nothing but marketing; we currently have a small CUV and it should be called a hatchback.

·
Registered
373 Posts
One of the reasons I like the Lyriq is because it looks like a "fat station wagon" as @Blastphemy worded it. Actually, I wish it were a true CTS-V type station wagon. I'm already thinking I may want to lower it (which I've never done to a car, even sports cars) because it would enhance that look. I'm just afraid that the battery weight would preclude being able to do that without messing up some geometry somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts