Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking through the Cadillac accessory wheels for the STS. There are two wheels listed.

18" Wheel Kit DW448 Without Tires - Part Number: PWK-173
and
18" Wheel Kit DW206 Without Tires - Part Number: PWK-12

Both of them state that they are only available on STS V8 cars with the Premium Luxury Performance package.

Why is this? I don't see why they couldn't be put on a V6 STS or one without the Premium Lux Perf. package.

Any insight into this?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they have 5 lugs, I don't see why either.
Exactly. I even checked some part numbers and the front and rear rotors are the same part number for the V8 and V6 version.

·
Banned
05 STS4 V8 1SG with ACC
95 Posts
They will fit it's just that GM didn't offer them unless you had certain pkg's.:yup: but you can surely buy them and just swap them out .( the 18" tires will cost a bit more than the 17's)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will fit it's just that GM didn't offer them unless you had certain pkg's.:yup: but you can surely buy them and just swap them out .( the 18" tires will cost a bit more than the 17's)
Thanks, that's what I was hoping. The STS I'm looking at has 18's anyway so no tire swap or speedo recalibration issues either. :D

·
Registered
Cadillac 07 STS w/1SG Pkg
345 Posts
If you have an STS with the 1sg pkg the front rotors are larger that an STS without the 1sg pkg. Opt code JE5(i think)

·
Registered
'05 STS 1SF
169 Posts
You can also get the JE5 brake option without the 1SG package and you don't have to have the 18's for that, mine has it and had the factory 17's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts