Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1955 Coupe de Ville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Cadillac-enthusiasts, i'm new to this forum. I look forward to spend many a good hour here. I'm from Denmark, and have recently bought my first Cadillac, a Goddess Gold 1955 Coupe de Ville. The car is absolutely gorgeous!
The engine is matching # and ready to be restored for the first time in 60 years(!)
It will be rebored 0.020 (or 0.030, if 020 pistons isn't available), crank will be slightly grinded and bearings of 0.010 fitted, cam bearings replaced, oil pump kit replaced, valve guides, and so on.

I am therefore on the search for new parts for the engine.

To my relief, many parts are readily avaliable, and many suppliers stock it.

But - i'm wondering - what is good and what is bad quality here?

I've heard that a lot of these parts, regardless of price, are made in china or taiwan, and quality varies. Is that true?

Ebay has several engine kits from different sellers. Anyone who have used those kits for a rebuild, and how does it hold up to use?

Some kits have an Isky mild performance cam included. 270 degree or so. Is that a way to go? my car is stock.

I've heard that Chevrolet pistons can be used, is that correct? (maybe better quality US-suppliers to choose from)

I would like to read experience from you out there, who had your engine rebuilt - or did it yourself. Anyone with an opinion are also more than welcome to contribute, let's get a thorough talk rolling! ;)

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Johan in DK

·
Registered
1964 Convertible, 1974 Corvette coupe, 1974 Corvette Vert
80 Posts
Johan, try www.kanter.com for all your engine parts. they have a great catalogue with everything you need.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts