Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! just picked up a 2006 Cadillac DTS and love it!! Will post some pics up after it gets back from Dealer Diagnositc. The Tail lights do not work at night and the allignment is off. Some minor paint wear and some sensors need some look into. Other than that runs smooth! Question, do you all go to a Cadi Dealer for all your work or do you have other people do it? I have brothers who can work on any cars and know a lot, we can order parts from Cadi and put on our selves, just wanting to know if its smart?

Very excited to be a part of this community that drives some smooth cars! Thanks

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Tail Lights can be replaced in 15 minutes very easy. I say depending on the severity of the repair, you can do most of the work yourself and maybe a friend and family member. Working on these engines isn't all that difficult once you get a hang of it and do quite a bit of studying.

I have changed a water pump many times, intake manifold, fuel filter, spark plugs and coils are really easy to change out yourself.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks man.......What would be a quick wy to trouble shoot the rear lights not running at night? Yet the break lights work fine.

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Which rear lights are you talking about? The clear white reverse light in the tail light assembly?

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
Welcome to the club just don't let it drive you nut . You could get oem parts at rockauto.com or eday.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am trying to find the fuses for back tail lights but the fuse box says nothing about them. Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Looking in the owners manual I don't see a fuse for the tail lights. It says There is a fuse for the 3rd brake light and brake lights

·
Registered
2006 DTS
366 Posts
Hi VinnyRinally,

Welcome to the DTS Forum, I'm sure you'll love our Forum.

I go to our local GM dealership shop as the Cadi dealership is about an hour and a half away. I'm not happy with them as one of the guy broke the plastic tabs on the couple of hubcaps when I went in for last oil change & tires rotation. They promised to get me the replacements but it's been over three months and I'm still driving without the center hubcaps.

You're lucky to have brothers who can work on any car.

Like Jim said that there is another fuse box which is designed for the tail lights, brake lights, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
"you all go to a Cadi Dealer for all your work or do you have other people do it?" I do my own but to be honest this car is very challenging to work at times when compared to anything else I have owned.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for responding. And Jazoo I have looked at the owners manual and online and the fuse box under seat and can not see the fuse for the lights.....On front box or seat box. I have taken to Cadi dealer in Tempe close to my office but they want 680 to check electrical work. They said there were two wires cut to front box and know it would take long hrs to check each one. Unreal......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts