Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See previous threads. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2132
In three sets or rotors that the Cadi dealer has replaced, they never have replaced pads. 1997 Deville
Everyone else in the world that I talk to says that everyone allways replaces brake pads when they replace a rotor.
Everyone else in the world that I have talked to can't understand how my front brakes have used up 3 sets of rotors and still has the same pads in only 20,000 miles.
What the heck is going on at Cadi?
Can anyone defend the Cadi dealer for not replacing pads with a new rotor after the pads have worn down several rotors.

[email protected]
pager voicemail 1 800 894 6352

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Dude, it all boils down to money savings and their SOP for warranty work. They ONLY replace the bad parts. I've seen them tear down an engine with one blown head gasket and ONLY repair the blown gasket side instead of doing them both. Any mechanic will tell you that the other one WILL go and then you WILL pay to tear down the engine again but try to get the OEM to pay for replacing something that's NOT ACTUALLY BAD YET.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts