Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BeelzeBob 
#1 ·
I'm new here and I own an Oldsmobile(poor man's cadillac) Alero. I love Caddy's and hope to engine swap my 3.4l V6 with the 4.6l NorthStar someday.
Nice clean looking site.
Check out ALEROMOD.COM .

#2 ·
Welcome aboard, Gumby! Thanks for signing up. And thanks for the compliments on the site! :D The Aleros are very nice.. I'd always like to take a look and sit in 'em whenever I went to my Cadillac dealer.. Cool cars.. I can't believe Olds is gone.. They always made nice cars.. I liked the Toronados. :)

#3 ·
I'm only 22 and if GM wouldn't have pulled the plug on Olds there would have been some amazing car produced. By that I mean performance/specialty vehicles which would have REALLY caught on with my generation, which would have brought their desired youth market back BIG TIME. simply check out this link OSV Pics and OSV Details . Now compared with some of Caddy's numbers these may not seem like much but remember that the Alero weighs a lot less, making these very fast cars!

#4 ·
Cool pictures.. Nice evolution.. I hate seeing the pictures, though, of cars that almost made it - like the Fiero. :( - Unfortunately, GM would probably keep Olds cars slower than Caddy's.. Soughta like what GM does to f-bodies that could be faster than the Vette... Now that Cadillac has the v-series, it would have been rough for Oldsmobile to top that - though the cars would have been fast...

#5 ·
Welcome Gumby,

I have always been an Olds Fan. Grew up with a "69" Olds 442 that was THE hottest car I ever owned. Smoked plenty of Vettes that thought I was drivin my Momma's Cutlass. I guess I saw it comming when Olds pulled out of NASCAR. I hope Pontaic isn't next. Buick's will be around as long as old ladies have blue hair. Keep us posted on your North* conversion. Give this site a look see so you can get an idea of what to save up for.

http://www.mechtech-ms.com/

Don

#6 ·
gumby,
have you spotted a conversion kit for the northstar for your car. That seems like a lot of engine to put in such a tiny compartment. But if you did find it it would be the ideal setup for a northstar, a small and lightweight car. You could probably beat just about any car you went up against. I will be interested to see how it goes :D

#8 ·
Hello Gumby,

That Northstar in the Alero looks sweet. Did they use the 4.0L or the 4.6L Northstar. I like the chrome valve covers and top cover. Thats the first cover I've seen done in chrome. I would maybe be interested if you know where one could be had.

Thanks for the Eye Candy!

Don

#9 ·
that looks like the 4.0, but im not sure. Looks cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.