Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months ago I was riding home from the bars with my buddy and his girlfriend. We were listening to this cool song on the stereo that was turned up madd loud.

Next to us in this 3 series beamer coupe was this loser/prick who kept revving his engine the whole time at all the lights.

So we're in Burlington, VT and this guy is just annoying because he thinks he's all that. I decided by the second light we pulled up to going up pearl street that I was going to destroy him on the right going up Pearl.

I totally had the advantage when going up the hill and I knew it.

The road was a little curvy and we were neck and neck at about 65 miles an hour. Obviously this guy couldn't hang with me and I decided to see if he had any balls. By this point my buddy's girlfriend was kind of screaming and my buddy was yellling, "Go , go, get him!"

I was all psyched, gunned it up to 75 and smoked the mo fo. I pulled in front of him and stopped at the next light. I looked back in the rearview mirror and he was smiling, nodding his head.

Despite losing, he followed me another 2 miles home to my buddy's house and I swear I was going to deck him if he followed me into the parking lot but he chickened out there too.

I will never forget how psyched we were too kick that punks ass in his lame beamer. My buddy still reminds me of it and gives me high fives.

Thats RIGHT! LAC'S ALL THE WAY!

-g

·
Registered
17 Posts
My cousin has an awesome 318i 1997 - auto. Anyway, he loves his car and kept saying that he could take me in my 92 seville. SO after a tune up, and alignment, I head over to his house, we go to franklin road.... corn field on one side, homes being built on the other. We went from about 20-25 to about 95, i smoked him bad. He's got cold air, performance muffler and z-rate tires. He came into my blind spot at about 50-55, then back down he went.... Power of Cadillac!!

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
A 175,000 miles and still going strong huh dude? Any major repairs in that time period? I've never kept a car that long but I like my Caddy and might just hang on to it for a good while.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Nice. My wife thinks I'm silly when I'm disappointed to make a green light (vs. a red light).

We were on the Interstate the other day and this 525 was flanking us...really annoying. On a straight section, I tipped the throttle enough to unlock the converter and he heard the engine rev and he guns it. So I put it down and it downshifted into 2nd and jumped up to 90 in about 5 seconds. His 2.5 liters of 6 cylinder had nothing on me. Obviously a 540 would have been a different story...but it shows you just how much people DON'T know what a Northstar will do. :)

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason - could you further explain being on the interstate and how I would go about "unlocking the converter", also, so you're saying you put it in second gear instead of drive on the highway?

I live on a steep hill and put it in 3rd going up my hill all the time which is fun...did you do the same thing.

How do you like you 97 SLS, i have the same one but black

·
Registered
586 Posts
there is a kid at my school. his daddy bought him a 95 540i. He thinks its the fastest thing on campus. There are 2 camaro SS's and older GTA, a few WS6s, and a firehawk around campus. Not to mention a supra MKIV is see every once in a while.

But I wanna get a race with him. Exactly how fast is a 540i and could my 95 ETC take him?

·
Registered
60 Posts
andymac said:
My cousin has an awesome 318i 1997 - auto. Anyway, he loves his car and kept saying that he could take me in my 92 seville. SO after a tune up, and alignment, I head over to his house, we go to franklin road.... corn field on one side, homes being built on the other. We went from about 20-25 to about 95, i smoked him bad. He's got cold air, performance muffler and z-rate tires. He came into my blind spot at about 50-55, then back down he went.... Power of Cadillac!!
The 318's are sloooooooooooow. They are just 4 bangers that aren't really that powerful.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think a ETC and a 540 would be close. According to a website I found, a 95 ETC has a 0-60 of 6.5 secs. A 540 is 6.2. I have a feeling he would get you, because he is a RWD and has more traction. But he MAY have a lower power band, not sure.

Heres that website I got it from: http://www.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Jason - could you further explain being on the interstate and how I would go about "unlocking the converter", also, so you're saying you put it in second gear instead of drive on the highway?

I live on a steep hill and put it in 3rd going up my hill all the time which is fun...did you do the same thing.

How do you like you 97 SLS, i have the same one but black
The torque converter is locked when you're in 3rd or 4th and at a steady cruise speed. You'll notice this when the pedal feels "mushy" and the car doesn't have quite the response as before. If you poke the throttle quickly, the computer thinks you need more power to pass or climb a hill and will unlock the converter to allow the engine to speed up. I poked the throttle to step up the engine and the other guy heard me do that.

When he nailed it, I did too and it downshifted into 2nd gear and took off (I still had it in Drive, it just downshifted because of the throttle position).

·
Registered
3 Posts
my firend is all over bimmers and just got a 325i i think. i was wondering if i could beat him or what kind of a race would it be. i have a 93 eldorado with a 4.9l. i also beat my friend and his buick riviera, the problem is that i didnt even floor it(i still havent) too affraid but i really want too.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You could probably beat him....Mine would!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Anything that isn't damn near brand new is going to have some variables. What state of tune is it in? Are there any mods done? You know. If the BMW is "stock", you'll at least have a good chance unless as I've said in other posts, there's a pretty little "M" on the car. In that case, unless it's a fake, prepare to have you doors blown off ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
But I wanna get a race with him. Exactly how fast is a 540i and could my 95 ETC take him?
ooooooooo 95 etc. those things rock. My bet is that you'll smoke him. ETCs haul ass

1 - 18 of 18 Posts