Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
At least it was an 06 or newer and "should" be in warranty...:)

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
Most likely it's a V8

the burnt part of the hood is right above the coolant tank...

What do you think was the cause?

·
Registered
2005 STS Luxury Performance
111 Posts
Yeah I'd be curious as to what the cause was? Any chance the owner was under the hood "modifying" something??? But none the less, hope they were insured... ouch!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
<insert Northstar joke here>

$20 says it's something aftermarket related. My apologies to your coworker Vision.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
notice all the fire extinguisher dust BEFORE the firetruck arrived .....someone attepted to save it

its easy for a fireman to shove the hood back like that , they do it all the time .....these are the same guys that take an ax to your front door and put the firehouse thru the windows of your car if you park next to a hydrant ...they see fire and all bets are off ....ive even seen them destory firetrucks just leaving the station en route to a call ....remeber kids , wait till the WHOLE truck is out of the station BEFORE turning left ....

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 Lux, 2011 Escalade EXT Prem
283 Posts
I know the culprit: The owner was so distraught by the differential leaking for the baszillionth time that he/she "accidentally" spilled gasoline on the engine compartment and then lit it on fire... the explosion blasted the hood into the windshield. Poor bastard.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
There was an auction several years back where the residue from a burned up Ferrari that reresented 40% of the original car but included the data plate sold for around $7.5 million dollars.

·
Registered
2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof
161 Posts
That would ruin my whole day.
This happend to be a car that was owned by a company that does the "pay a thousand dollars to drive several sports cars for the day event". Apparently there was a Lambo, Ford GT, Z06, Aston, this Ferrari etc. on the event. First time the F430 was put into use...brand spanking new. Apparently a blown oil line sprayed oil into the engine compartment which then ignited the engine compartment, which then ignited the carbon fiber body of the Ferrari.

I'd rather be the owner of the car than the insurance company :) A first permium loss is a little tough to swallow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts