Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need some help with this one experts. Ok, I've got a 1970 caddy deville. I need some new keys made for it so i was wondering, does the ignition key work with both the ignition and the doors or does the trunk key work with trunk and doors? thank you

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
I'm going to need some help with this one experts. Ok, I've got a 1970 caddy deville. I need some new keys made for it so i was wondering, does the ignition key work with both the ignition and the doors or does the trunk key work with trunk and doors? thank you
I'm no expert on those older cars but I believe the ignition works only the ignition, and the door key works the trunk too.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, but my friend who owns a '62 Lincoln has a trunk key that only opens the trunk and an ignition key that does the ignition and doors. I was thinking that since cadillac and lincoln were rivels, they'd be somewhat the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Ford's always been a little screwy when it comes to keys. I remember in the 70's and 80's, the BIG key was for the doors and trunk, and the little key was for the ignition.

With GM, the square one was for ignition, the round one for doors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
so the door key is also the trunk key? or the ign key is also the trunk key?

im certain the ignition and the doors are the same and the trunk key and the glove box key are the same
but this is 70 only......

·
Registered
985 Posts
My 75 Deville that I had used a square ignition key for the ignition only and an oval key for the trunk, doors and glove compartment. I would think that the 70 would be the same.

Max

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maximln said:
My 75 Deville that I had used a square ignition key for the ignition only and an oval key for the trunk, doors and glove compartment. I would think that the 70 would be the same.

Max

nope..... 70 only on the keys....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
MMNineInchNails