Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 d elegance
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents, I just bought an 89 De elegance and need help. When I go from zero to about 30 mph it seems like the car runs a little rough. Not like its breaking down but it seems like it gets louder when between zero and thirty, then when it changes gears its fine. Is this normal or have i bought the ultimate gas burner.Thanks

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
is the engine or the trans making the noise? I'm guessing you have the 307 olds- correct?

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
If it is the Rear Wheel Drive Brougham, then you have a carburetted Oldsmobile 307 engine. There may be a vacuum leak or the emission hose routing could be incorrect. You might also be having issues with the plugs and wires (it's best to have them replaced when you get a used car). The engine might be dirty, especially if it was sitting for a while, so you might want to try Gum Out with Regane or Sea Foam induction cleaner. If the transmission is making the noise, check the fluid and verify that it isn't burnt or low. The Olds 307 is rated for 16 mpg, so it isn't bad on gas.

If you have a Front Wheel Drive Fleetwood d'Elegance, then you are in the wrong forum, but many of my suggestions still apply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts