Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 cadillac deville
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after paying off and working on this car since sometime around october, i can drive my car, i got the plates saterday and have 7 days exempt for my inspection.Since i started really driving it the dic soemtimes says service vehicle soon, and service ride control but the both can go away and come back. The only code that is still current is p030 (isc rpm out of range) but there are a few history codes. I didnt write them down but i will update with them later. Sometimes while driving down the street the car will kind of jerk when accelerating from a stop it feels almost like tranny slipping but im not sure. it will do it until i either get on it ot put it in neutral and rev the motor a little then it goes away.Also what is the "range" for in the fuel data center mine always either says lo or 44....so i ahve no idea what that is. My mileage is pretty bad but getting back up there i guess its from the car sitting. When i forst started driving saterday i was getting like 4.6 mpg average!!! now after driving all weekend its up to about 9.1. Any help with theses questiong is greatly appreciated. I also want to say thankyou to everyone that helped me with previous problems and questions,...the caddy would still be sitting if it wasnt for your help.

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
Post all codes. 'Range' is the computers calculation of how many miles you can drive with the amount of fuel left in the tank. It will indicate L because the battery had been disconnected (not a good idea). It will begin displaying properly once 25mi or so has been driven.

·
Registered
(formerly) 2001 Cadillac Deville (Current) 2007 DTS
40 Posts
If its been sitting a really long time, it might be a good idea to get new spark plugs, wires, change out the fluids, and maybe even throw some fuel injector cleaner in your next gas fill up.

·
Registered
1994 cadillac deville
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill definitly do a full tune up once i have the money, does anyone know why i would have service vehicle soon on the dic? and service ride control, they both go away randomly which i thought was weird

·
Registered
1994 cadillac deville
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it took so long for me to respond but here are all my codes/.........p026 history, p030 history, p040 history, p046 history, p052 history, p091 history, p098 history, i039 history i know p091 is something like prndl switch problems and i was having trouble starting it sometimes but rarely it wouldnt crank or anything. that comes on and off a few times a day. Also im still not getting real good mileage. Last weekend i was getting like 4.6 now its up to about 15 but i still have to do a tune up. Is there anythnig else that could help? and does anyoe recomend fuel injector cleaner for these cars? Thankyou in advance

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
It would help if you posted the code definitions. They are all historical, so I'd clear them and see what returns. The injectors are probably fine. Don't go dumping any snake oil in the tank. Check the EGR tubes down in the TB and make sure that they are open and not carboned closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts