Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Hope someone can help me! Today, after driving around and starting and stopping to enter stores, my car started acting funny.

When I would turn the key the car would start and then instantly die. This happened to me about a year ago but started up after about 5 minutes. My mechanic thought, at that time, that it had something to do with the security system. All lights come on and no "funny" noises are heard when starting(such as bad belts or clicking, or anything). But anyhow, the car never did start today and so I had it towed home. I'm now thinking it's maybe the fuel pump. Can anyone help with suggestions? Thanks so much for any help.

P.S. The car is a 1990 Deville FWD

·
Registered
1995 Sedan De Ville (4.9 L)
581 Posts
Press "warmer" and "off", did you get any codes? You can check fuel pressure right away to see if the pump is a problem or not. Do you have spark? Check basic things...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. This morning I tried to start the car and NOTHING. No noise, no nothing. The dash lights and interior lights came on but nothing happened when I turned the key. Checked for codes and received the following:

E52
E91

Any chance this is a battery problem or should I have the PRNDL switch fixed?

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9
208 Posts
Check For Corroded Battery Cables Or Starter Wires. Shift The Car Into Neutral & Try It. Might Be A Neutral Safety Switch. If You Have A Spare Key Try That
Also. The Keys Are Coded & Sometimes Go Bad. Pull Up On The Shifter While Trying To Start It Also. Make Sure The Battery Is Good & Not Low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts