Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
HotRodSaint said:

Not sure it's an improvement. I will wait until 2005 to see if it is.
Looks very similar to the current ones can i ask one of the photo shop guys to get rid of the covers and repost.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
im waiting too , im very dissapointed over the new c6 not haveing pop up headlamps , but i do see the door handles from the caddy XLR (or lack of handles) , and the overhangs front and rear are incredibly short

look closely , you can see the upper fender lines from a 68-82 vette !!!! the c3 lives again!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
It's not ALL that different from the C5 looks-wise, but it's much better beneath the skin... You'll definitely be able to tell the difference, though..

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Hopefully they change the interior on those beasts. because the interior on a Vette is cheap as all hell
I agree on that one they do SUCK

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special
44 Posts
I saw a C5 Z06 body with C6 running gear in it about a year ago, along with 2 CTS Vs a couple other test Vettes, and a Camaro, and Trans AM WS6 both with vette running gear & Z06 wheels, all coming back from testing in Canada. They all had manufacturer tags, roll bars, sparco seats, etc. The CTS Vs also were sticks, and had huge brembo brakes installed.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
"Camaro, and Trans AM WS6 both with vette running gear & Z06 wheels"

you should look up the cormaro sometime , GM built 10 of them , its a short wheelbase camaro (wheel well proturdes into the door) with the c5 chassis and runnin gear underneath , all were destoryed , i have pics of them in a magazine ill dig them out sometime ...

there are plans to change that interior alot , the dash int he chevy express made it look real cheap , and as bad as that dash was thats saying something

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special
44 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
"Camaro, and Trans AM WS6 both with vette running gear & Z06 wheels" QUOTE]

The cars I saw weren't shortend at all. The guy driving the truck hauling them told us that what was in them. He was a great guy he said we could climb all over the truck and look at whatever we wanted too. I almost ended up with an operations manual from one of the CTS Vs that was as thick as a phone book. Another plus was that every car was unlocked and all had the keys in the ignition.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
You'll never see another cheap Corvette interior.. So don't worry about that. GM decided to take lessons from the best in the business - Audi..

Eventually, all of GM vehicles will have good interiors.. They understand it's one of the worst features of all their automobiles...

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
You'll never see another cheap Corvette interior.. So don't worry about that. GM decided to take lessons from the best in the business - Audi..
I don't mean to resurrect dead threads, but is Audi really that well respected for their interiors? I had no idea, I've never ridden in one.

One of the things I've noticed about GM products for the past 15-20 years is that the interiors do suck. Poor design and poor quality. Glad to hear they're doing something about it.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
AUDI does have sweet interiors. Hell I got to drive an AUDI TT for 2 days.........that is one sweet car!!!!

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elvis said:
I don't mean to resurrect dead threads, but is Audi really that well respected for their interiors? I had no idea, I've never ridden in one.
It's the VW/Audi groups ability to make cheap materials look and feel rich that has them being becnh marked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts