Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2000 SLS, 2008 Shelby GT500 Convertible, 67 Shelby Clone, 2016 Mercedes C300
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cleaned my connector at the hub and replaced the rear passenger hub and still can't get this code to go away. I have checked the wiring from the hub to where it goes into the frame as well. My abs and check stability warnings stay on all the time, but when it rains the lights go off for a while, the antilock brakes activate when stopping somewhat hard for a bit then the abs and check stability lights come back on and the car stops normally. I need to check the EBTCM- need some advice on how to check this and also any adivice on anything else I should check. Thanks..Mike

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
i had this issue with a front passanger wheel the just last month
it turned out that they couldnt pinit down untill the code stayed on current and didnt just say history
when you check the code is it current or does it say history ?
its possible that its just the harness that the bearing sped sensor plugs into thats what it was for me

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
I remember your issue if I am not mixing up CF names, you had the rear wheel hub connector broken? OK first check if the pins inside the connector (harness side) are not by any chance dirty, loose or corroded? Then you will have to check the harness from this connector all the way to the EBTCM connector.
Here is what you need:

LH Front pin A >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 11 (yellow wire)
LH Front pin B >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 25 (light blue wire)

RH Front pin A >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 10 (dark green wire)
RH Front pin B >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 24 (light blue wire)

LH Rear pin A >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 22 (black wire)
LH Rear pin B >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 8 (red wire)

RH Rear pin A >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 9 (brown wire)
RH Rear pin B >>>> EBTCM: C2: pin 23 (white wire)

Let me know if you need more assistance.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2000 SLS, 2008 Shelby GT500 Convertible, 67 Shelby Clone, 2016 Mercedes C300
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I did not have a broken connector, must have been someone else. My code stays current. In order to test the entire length of the wiring going from the ebtcm I will need long leads for my meter and some kind of small clamps to connect to the pins.. any suggestions where to get something that long that would work? Also, how do you know which pins are A and B on the rear connector? Thanks.. Mike

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Actually I did not have a broken connector, must have been someone else. My code stays current. In order to test the entire length of the wiring going from the ebtcm I will need long leads for my meter and some kind of small clamps to connect to the pins.. any suggestions where to get something that long that would work? Also, how do you know which pins are A and B on the rear connector? Thanks.. Mike
If I was faced with checking the chassis wiring for a wheel speed sensor, I would leave the sensor connected and test for continuity at the proper pins at the EBTCM connector. If the chassis wiring is OK, and the sensor is OK, you will see something like 1K Ohm resistance at the EBTCM end.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Yeah that is a quick way to do it at the EBTCM. The coil in the wheel hub is 1030 Ohms while the wires are about ~5 Ohms (so is nothing comparing to the coil).
Pin A is the one that is connected to the proper pin of the EBTCM connector. You only have 2 pins at the wheel hub connector, if is not one it must be the other. Also you can go by the wire color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts