Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go on a road trip and this code pops up and tells me I need to service this item... where is it and what's involved?

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
The battery in each of your tire pressure sensors is now 8+ years old. To replace the battery you must replace the sensor.

There is a code for each wheel;
C0750
C0755
C0760
C0765

Nowhere in the Service Manual is there a statement as to which code applies to which wheel. But based on my experience with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), I would bet the codes apply like this:

C0750 = LF wheel
C0755 = RF wheel
C0760 = RR wheel
C0765 = LR wheel​

It's not really a crap shoot; all the batteries are going to fail before too much longer. Why not replace all the sensors at one time?

·
Registered
2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Batteries? Hmm..

So none of the sensors are in the wheel; are they? What's the running costs?

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Batteries? Hmm..

So none of the sensors are in the wheel; are they?
Of course the sensors are inside the wheel. How else would they measure tire pressure when you are rolling down the road at more than 20 MPH?

The tire pressure sensor and the valve stem are married.

What's the running costs?
I have no clue.

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS
444 Posts
The sensors are behind each valve stem. Since you can't fit thru the valve stem, you have to remove the tires to change them. You could have them changed each time you buy new tires so you don't have to worry about the battery failing. As JimD said, the batteries are not designed to be replaced. GM wants you to replace the sensor. You might try disecting it to try to change the battery.

It is hard to say which tire the sensor is in after they are rotated. The sensors are supposed to be programmed with a strong magnet and your key fob. JimD is correct about which tires the codes should be programmed to. The AC/Delco #25773946 sensors are about $45. If you decide to only replace the bad sensor, you could perform the program procedure to verfy which tire the bad sensor is in. The horn will not be able to confirm that the bad sensor is learned because the bad sensor cannot send a signal.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille DTS
47 Posts
I realize this is an old post. I have a 2001 DeVille DTS. One of my TPMS sensors has failed. I have never had them reprogrammed through tire rotations. DIC is telling me it is the 'RF', confirmed by DTC code C0755, but I know that's got only a 1-in-4 chance of being the correct location.

So... does anyone have the procedure for re-programming the sesnors, so that the car knows the true location (LF, RF, LR, RR)? If I can do that, then in the process, I will identify the bad one.
Can it be done with a strong magnet, and not the dealer's 'Tech 2' device/tool?
Further... can it be done without key fobs? (My fobs no longer work, and I have learned that-- on the 2001 at least-- you HAVE to go to the dealer with 'Tech 2' device to get new ones programmed.)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,626 Posts
It does require a magnet, but it can't be done without the key fob. If it can, it will probably require a Tech II.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,085 Posts
I realize this is an old post. I have a 2001 DeVille DTS. One of my TPMS sensors has failed. I have never had them reprogrammed through tire rotations. DIC is telling me it is the 'RF', confirmed by DTC code C0755, but I know that's got only a 1-in-4 chance of being the correct location.

So... does anyone have the procedure for re-programming the sesnors, so that the car knows the true location (LF, RF, LR, RR)? If I can do that, then in the process, I will identify the bad one.
Can it be done with a strong magnet, and not the dealer's 'Tech 2' device/tool?
Further... can it be done without key fobs? (My fobs no longer work, and I have learned that-- on the 2001 at least-- you HAVE to go to the dealer with 'Tech 2' device to get new ones programmed.)
======================
like Ranger said - it REQUIRES a fob to get into "programming mode" -

HOWEVER -

even if you could get into programming mode -
all 4 sensors must be programmed -
for the programming to "complete" -

another option - to discover which sensor has failed -
go to any big tire store -
they will have a scanner that can verify which are still working -

keep in mind that if they are all the same age -
the batteries in other 3 are probably worn out also -

you have three choices -