Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS, 2010 DTS Platinum, 2013 XTS Platinum
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local dealer for oil change, tire rotation, coolant and transmission drain and fill on 2013 XTS Platinum.
When I inquired about C U E update I was first told their was none available. When I showed then a page I had printed
they informed me Cadillac Owners had nothing to do with Cadillac and it was a "ROGUE' publication, that's right they had nothing to do with it (Service Advisor "Jeff:) and if I wanted the UPDATE pay Another $140 "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!" Even after i told them and S H O W E D then all of the C U E complaints I have in writing since the car had 10,000 miles . That was the O N L Y shop that ever serviced the car!!! So I left it, and I have bee getting service there since 2013 but will not go back again. Brown & Wood in Greenville, NC.

Reply Quote

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,756 Posts
If your car is out of warranty and is not up to the current CUE firmware level, you are on the hook to pay for the service.

These forums are not affiliated with Cadillac/GM.

CCC

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your car is out of warranty and is not up to the current CUE firmware level, you are on the hook to pay for the service.

These forums are not affiliated with Cadillac/GM.

CCC
with VERIFIED complaints since 10,000 miles over and over CUE adjustments and repairs, nothing really done but always a dealer charge warranty ticket to GM (of course LOL!) It looks like I am on the hook for a "N E W " Lincoln will be by next choice after 30 years of Cadillac Cadillac L E F T me , I didn't leave them!! wonder how that's going to work out for their future....

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
615 Posts
Are you referring to the navigation update? That is a usb device which must be purchased and downloaded. You can do it yourself. I am unaware of any CUE "update" for the earlier XTS. Also, just wondering what the the coolant and trans flush cost as I may need one someday. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,894 Posts
Any other info in the dedicated CUE forum?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other info in the dedicated CUE forum?
my bill for coolant drain , refill was $260 trans service drain and refill $400. I understand there is NIOW a CUE update (not navigation) available and it also covers older xts. Do a search on CUE and read *************** posts. It looks like I will possible have a "CONTINENTAL" Christmas this year. THe 2020 looks great, the chrome wheels are actually guaranteed IN WRITING not to flake or chip(except road hazard) Has a better than Cadillac type CUE, a rainsense wiper that works right., a/c unit that cools the car during the heat of day AS WELL as at night without changing the temp setting, among other advancements too many to name including Dealer pickup and delivery with car wash INCLUDED with the scheduled oil changes, warranty items or maintenance. ONLY THING MISSING was rear shade that my $65,000 Platinum had , W O W over $60,000 and they don;'t even fix something they K N O W (cue) was a mistake from the start. Would,t you really rather drive a Ford? OH ride is superior!!!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
946 Posts
my bill for coolant drain , refill was $260 trans service drain and refill $400. I understand there is NIOW a CUE update (not navigation) available and it also covers older xts. Do a search on CUE and read *** posts. It looks like I will possible have a "CONTINENTAL" Christmas this year. THe 2020 looks great, the chrome wheels are actually guaranteed IN WRITING not to flake or chip(except road hazard) Has a better than Cadillac type CUE, a rainsense wiper that works right., a/c unit that cools the car during the heat of day AS WELL as at night without changing the temp setting, among other advancements too many to name including Dealer pickup and delivery with car wash INCLUDED with the scheduled oil changes, warranty items or maintenance. ONLY THING MISSING was rear shade that my $65,000 Platinum had , W O W over $60,000 and they don;'t even fix something they K N O W (cue) was a mistake from the start. Would,t you really rather drive a Ford? OH ride is superior!!!
Just remember that sometimes the grass always looks greener on the other side until you put your foot on it. By all means get what you like but make certain that you do it for the right reasons. Go and check out the Lincoln Forum I am quite certain that you will find some owners that feel the same way that you now feel about Cadillac.

I am not knocking your decision as I have been where you have been, but I look at things a lot differently than I use to.

Good luck and best wishes

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't blame you for leaving Cadillac, I have a 19 XTS (I don't like cue at all) and my 18 Ford F350 Platinum SYNC system is way better imo.

Someone needs to be fired at Cadillac... this system is laced with glitches.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
946 Posts
Good old Ford, "Fix Or Repair Dailey.":) The Ford SYNC just like the CUE has its fair share of haters. I do agree that Cadillac needs to rethink the CUE, but I am not ready to bail especially for the Fix Or Repair Dailey or a Stinkin Lincoln:D:D

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,307 Posts
I don't blame you for leaving Cadillac, I have a 19 XTS (I don't like cue at all) and my 18 Ford F350 Platinum SYNC system is way better imo.

Someone needs to be fired at Cadillac... this system is laced with glitches.
I can't comment on FixOverloadRepairDaily, LOL as I've never had one and won't, but I've read plenty of horror stories on them. I like the '19 CUE 3.0 - works well for me - some VERY minor issues - nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
615 Posts
Ha-Ha, in the old neighborhood was a tavern on a side street named the "Gold Cadillac". Actually a tavern with a barbershop and bookie joint in the back, and the proprietor had, guess what, a gold Cadillac. Some years later, he bought a Lincoln and changed the name to "Stinkin' Lincoln".

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,894 Posts
First On Race Day.

During 65.5 years of vehicle ownership Ford products have given me far less problems than GM has. I will not comment on MG, Jaguar, or Austin Healey experiences........ (British Lucas electrical).

Ford-GT40-Mach-II.jpg

Reactions: GFK

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
666 Posts
Or, as that is known (outside Britain) as "Lucas, Prince of Darkness".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My father's Lincoln was a Town Car, 189,000 miles no problem only tires, batteries, oil changes I had two prevision Lincolns before three Cadillac's lasted me and I watched them deteriorate Cadillac must of hired prostitutes as engineers so they could SCREW the customers knowing exactly what they were doing. P/S I has a Lincoln 197,000 miles still ran a handles great didn't stink at all!1

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Lots of Cadi owners can say the same about their Cadillac, and lots of Lincoln owners complain about Lincoln's.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury
576 Posts
I think Ford does make a solid product. It just hard for me to get pass the style. Even so, my wife was leaning toward an Aviator. I have an issue with the door handle (or button) though. The interior door handles have been replace with buttons. That is fine when the battery is working. However, as I understand it, only the driver's have a manual release. During a power loss, only the driver can open the door, and in an accident, this may yield higher casualties. So, the XT6 has inched ahead.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My CUE recently showed a display that ask for a check for agreement for usage terms and check for privacy terms. I have seen a display for agreement for usage screen but not a display that had two boxes that needed to be checked off. I checked off on both boxes, but the display appeared a second time. I have not seen this display again after checking off for the second time.

After this scenario my CUE selected app display is now defaulting more to the Home page all app's screen and less to the all access screen. There has been no graying out of the audio presets since the 22.10 software update a month ago.

As long as the CUE is useable and there is a work around for some of these glitches I am ok, but with my CUE I would not be surprised if it crashes at some point in time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My CUE recently showed a display that ask for a check for agreement for usage terms and check for privacy terms. I have seen a display for agreement for usage screen but not a display that had two boxes that needed to be checked off. I checked off on both boxes, but the display appeared a second time. I have not seen this display again after checking off for the second time.
Mine did that too...twice like yours, but it made no difference to the default page which for me is the split screen with the map and music.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts