Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this forum You do not have a lot of members helping members. You only have a few members that Know it all and have a closed mind. I have Joined several forums due to the many types of vehicles I own. In all of the forums I have never had a super moderator make a comment like Byrdman did. I join forums to get information from members and to try and help members when I can. Any type of suggestion I receive I am glad to get because it may help me. The same goes for giving a comment that I feel might will help a member. If the comment does not work for that situation it did no harm and at least I tried to help. In this forum you have older members Like Basscatt that believe what they say is the only solution and they are the greatest. I had a conversation with Harry Yarnell about a solution on a battery drain solution. I explained to him what I thought might solve the problem and why. Basscatt stepped in and criticized my suggestion. We had a few comments back and forth and Super Moderator Byrdman made a comment Here it is:
"Gentlemen, let's focus on solving the problem and not who is right or wrong. "

"@dbldpr, where it comes to experience on older Devilles might be wise to listen to Bass and hear him out."

The first comment was OK but the second comment was unnecessary. Byrdman the super moderator basically took Basscatt side. What kind of Super Moderator is that? I have been working and rebuilding cars for 60 years. I guess he is telling me my comments and suggestions are meaningless since Bass is the man with the experience and what he says is the absolute truth. The Super moderator is not supposed to make a comment like that. This is why you have very few members helping members on this forum. This will be my last posting on this forum. I will not make suggestions to try and help members since you have the great Basscatt who knows everything and is protected by Super Moderator Byrdman.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
567 Posts
Lighten up Francis......
I try to be attentive rather than argumentative when someone just might know more than me about a given subject. :cool:

Alternatively, Bye Felicia!

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
I'm reminded of MC Hammer - "Stop - Break It Down". It's downright easy to see how the OP is getting all bunched up for entirely undeserved reasons. When reading what someone has typed I always find it best to limit myself to reading just what's typed, and not any more or less. That would have saved all this grief and drama. So what do we have here:

......[SNIP]
"Gentlemen, let's focus on solving the problem and not who is right or wrong. "

"@dbldpr, where it comes to experience on older Devilles might be wise to listen to Bass and hear him out."

The first comment was OK but the second comment was unnecessary. Byrdman the super moderator basically took Basscatt side. What kind of Super Moderator is that?

I have been working and rebuilding cars for 60 years. I guess he is telling me my comments and suggestions are meaningless since Bass is the man with the experience and what he says is the absolute truth. The Super moderator is not supposed to make a comment like that.
2nd comment sounds valid and intended as helpful considering both posters' tenures here and records of reliable advice. I hear more a request to listen and keep an open mind, and not some strained interpretation of "you're an idiot if you don't do exactly as told".

And I don't get the taking sides part at all. This Super Moderator is the same as all other SMs here as registered posters allowed to post replies like anyone else. They're also volunteers, with no compensation other than opportunity to keep the site tracking. And the 'comment' you allege was not even made in the first place.

I have to take the OP at his word until proven otherwise. So since he's gone now, everything I've replied is just for other's benefit for reference, perspective and maximizing their own forum experience.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
This site is composed of forums in which everyone is entitled to give their side of a problem or diagnosis - with a healthy amount of opinion included.

This link sheds light on the OP comment.

This thread is now closed.

Please continue with electrical diagnostics in the linked thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.