Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about two more weeks of fermenting on an Old Speckled Hen clone and I just finished off a case of Cooper's Australian Lager. Anyone else BYO?

I've recently found some places that sell "water distillation kits" that also can be used for distilling home whiskey. I won't get one yet, but also thinking of giving the Southern Spirit a try....after all my ganddaddy and uncles were shiners and I even had an uncle serve some time in the state penn for it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
My good buddy in college was a brewer!
All kinds of strange concoctions.....holiday ales, christmas brews, one excuse after another :)

I forgot how it is in Japan....brewing legal there? I bet its expensive to DIY

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Please divulge info. I have wanted to do this for a while.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I saw those wine kits and thought about it, but I thought how good is the wine onna be when I mix together some powder and juice in my apt sink......its not like making macaroni and cheese.....

I hear in canada you forgoe the moonshine and go straight to cultivating some mary jane :hide:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpeedyArizona said:
Scourge, since your location is Tennessee, it would be easy to find a good ol' moonshine still running. Send me a quart of XX :D!
I know better than to ask a lot of questions, but my brother knows where to get it. Block-n-Tackle, as it is sometimes called. The ONLY reason you cannot make distilled spirits at home (like wine and beer) is because of IRS taxes. Personally, I think it's fine to make it just as much as it's fine to gtow your own marijuana for personal use. Government is too big and powerful. It's time for a new Whiskey Rebellion to let home brewers/vinters become home distillers without fear of BATF invasion.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Back in my country we have a room full of devices to make wine and beer, It is running all day long, but I never work the equipment, I dont have a clue actually, I just party with the results. But remeber we must keep this on the low low....shhhhhh hehehe

·
5,826 Posts
fast66 said:
Back in my country we have a room full of devices to make wine and beer, It is running all day long, but I never work the equipment, I dont have a clue actually, I just party with the results. But remeber we must keep this on the low low....shhhhhh hehehe
lol :shhh:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Zealand has led the way in allowing home distillers. There is a congressman (Bart Stupak-D) from Michigan who is trying to get legislation passed to allow home distillers. I won't post any links, but you can google distilling supplies to find the store in Texas that sells them.

The Old Speckled Hen clone is the first time that I used Irish Moss in beer. I have no idea how it will turn out, but the owner of the store told me that brewing with Irish Moss is becoming more common. Anyone else using it?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
a friend of mine made an ale that tasted like a christmas tree once, or at least what i think a christmas tree would taste like....it was horrible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
90Brougham350