Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could it be?

'Buzzing' sound only on a cooler day (~below40-45 F). Fades or just quits after about 5 minutes. Doesn't seem to be defroster or heater related since it's sound doesn't change when manually adjusting heater settings.Does not change if radio is switched off. You can feel the vibration coming from behind the headlight switch area of dash/ knee bolster panel.

Annoying at best, for just a few minutes anyway.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I get the same thing in my 98. To me, it sounds like the tach drive making the noise. After a minute or so, it goes away.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Not something I would worry about.... Just turn up the tunes, and you wont even notice it!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elwesso said:
Not something I would worry about.... Just turn up the tunes, and you wont even notice it!!!!!
:histeric: Turn up the tunes! LOL!!! That's easy enough with this Bose System. :histeric:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buzzing still ! What is ......-->

What is mounted in the dash, just to the left of the steering wheel, about 3 inches right of headlight switch/controls. About 1 inch square, has a "finned" cover like a small a/c vent.

This is where the sound/ buzzing is coming from, or at least coming from that area.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I was told by my dealer that it is the temperture sensor.
But they said it was not covered by the extend warrent
will take it another dealer to see if they will cover it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
airbalancer