Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service ride suspension? light is on. Has to do with air shocks, struts Etc.? Was told by Caddy agency.....done in pairs, air? shocks could cost $700-800! any info or help, please.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Bakatari said:
Service ride suspension? light is on. Has to do with air shocks, struts Etc.? Was told by Caddy agency.....done in pairs, air? shocks could cost $700-800! any info or help, please.
What exactly do you want ansewered. The air shocks create a more comfortable ride. If it has the leveling system in it the car adjusts its ride hieght to make it level for comfort

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
JJhomer83 said:
What exactly do you want ansewered. The air shocks create a more comfortable ride. If it has the leveling system in it the car adjusts its ride hieght to make it level for comfort

Josh,

The service light is on (steady) during test ride took it to Caddy agency. The said , worst case, it could be all 4 air shocks at $700 t0 800 apiece, struts, labor more money.....ride is hard.....My thought: Hopefully? air pump electrical, air lines, hoping lower expense.....Any Ideas....Thanks for prompt reply.....I guess I'm in the right place. @ finger typing, new site....be patient with old coot and future shock.....thanks again for any help.

Bakatari.....translation from Japanese.....'Crazy person'

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
To clear things up.
Is the car yours or is it still the dealers.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Bakatari said:
Josh,

The service light is on (steady) during test ride took it to Caddy agency. The said , worst case, it could be all 4 air shocks at $700 t0 800 apiece, struts, labor more money.....ride is hard.....My thought: Hopefully? air pump electrical, air lines, hoping lower expense.....Any Ideas....Thanks for prompt reply.....I guess I'm in the right place. @ finger typing, new site....be patient with old coot and future shock.....thanks again for any help.

Bakatari.....translation from Japanese.....'Crazy person'
If you need to replace all 4 air shocks plus labor its going to kill you in cost. My guess is about $5000 all said and done. Did you do check the computer in your car to see what error code it came up with? An option that you do have is passive shocks ( i think that's right) they are a cheaper way out and won't give you the "caddy" ride but will be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bakatari said:
Go to partsamerica.com, that's Discount Auto Parts. They haveair leveling shocks for this for $99 and less. Having a 9 year old car repaired at a dealership is insane.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JJhomer83 said:
To clear things up.
Is the car yours or is it still the dealers.
Josh,

Car still belongs to the dealer. He 'said' he would fix it. Will check it out to see if he 'just shut off the light'. Some others on here said I could get parts for a lot less at Parts America. Think I will run a diagnostic to find 'error codes' and will post that info on here, maybe tell me whether tp buy or pass on this one.

I have an '84 Seville....needs engine.....exploring a 4100 or 4500 engine for that one....classic next year have fun at rallys.....any ideas on the engine replacement.....car is super inside and out.....just engine needs replacement.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bob2231 said:
Go to partsamerica.com, that's Discount Auto Parts. They haveair leveling shocks for this for $99 and less. Having a 9 year old car repaired at a dealership is insane.
Bob,

Thanks for advice about parts.....Never would have dealer repair car.....would pass on car first.....pretty car with all goodies working......was hoping for a cheap fix.....dealer says he will fix it, but we'll see.....if I get it for the right price, might be worth it, we'll see.....Thanks again,

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JJhomer83 said:
If you need to replace all 4 air shocks plus labor its going to kill you in cost. My guess is about $5000 all said and done. Did you do check the computer in your car to see what error code it came up with? An option that you do have is passive shocks ( i think that's right) they are a cheaper way out and won't give you the "caddy" ride but will be a cheap fix.
Josh,

Thanks for the options. Will check it out some more and let you know if I buy it or pass.....you've been a great help.

Bill

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Bakatari said:
Josh,

Thanks for the options. Will check it out some more and let you know if I buy it or pass.....you've been a great help.

Bill
There are many cars that are out there that would suit your needs and i would look around some more.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bakatari said:
Josh,

Car still belongs to the dealer. He 'said' he would fix it. Will check it out to see if he 'just shut off the light'. Some others on here said I could get parts for a lot less at Parts America. Think I will run a diagnostic to find 'error codes' and will post that info on here, maybe tell me whether tp buy or pass on this one.

I have an '84 Seville....needs engine.....exploring a 4100 or 4500 engine for that one....classic next year have fun at rallys.....any ideas on the engine replacement.....car is super inside and out.....just engine needs replacement.

Bill
There's a 85 4.5 engine, trans, ecm etc. running on Ebay now. Might be worth a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
bob2231