Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just found out our 2007 Yukon Denali needs some major repairs that just aren't worth the trouble - and decided to get something new. It was between the new Denali's and Escalades. My wife fell in love with the Escalade after driving both and I'm "mostly likely" going to pick it up tomorrow for her.

I just need to know if there's anything I should know or look for when checking it out (cosmetically or mechanically)? I know absolutely nothing about these cars, and since it's a brand new model it's even more foreign to me. Any typical problems I should look out for (I see some rear view camera issues in the forums, etc)?

It's a black premium, with that Kona brown leather interior with power side step option, standard 22" chrome insert wheels. I believe after taxes & licensing etc it came out to $91-92k out the door.

However, since we lease all our vehicles, I was planning on doing one of those "one-time" lease payments where I just pay the full lease up front.

If I do the 1 payment lease - it comes out to about $47k cash up front, lease term 36 months.

Standard 36 month lease he has me at $999/mo out the door.

I just leased my Mercedes CLS550 last summer, and it was about $95k out the door, and my lease payments are about $1150/mo...so I figure I'm not getting a horrible deal with the Escalade. I may see if I can get a great deal by offering full cash (I hate debt), but that's not ideal unless I get a significant discount.

Anyway, I'm not the type to nickel and dime these things, but I also want to feel like I'm not overpaying. These are very popular in our area, especially black ones. Most dealerships around here have a several week wait....so I feel like I need to move fast.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
The new escalade is the total package compared to the competition. I also own the competition offerings hence I can say that the premium is a well thought out luxury SUV. The CUE problems is actually hearsay because it is better than my Range Rover Sport as well as my GLK's multimedia. Don't you hate the knob controller of the German offerings? I prefer touchscreen.

If you say Yukon or Tahoe is better than the escalade? I think they only have the 5.3 V8. To get the 6.2V8 you need to go the Denali which is close to escalade territory. Pick the vehicle you want then negotiate after. I liked the Kona but I don't think it is worth the up charge. I have black and alcantara in my platinum and I thought it was better.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The new escalade is the total package compared to the competition. I also own the competition offerings hence I can say that the premium is a well thought out luxury SUV. The CUE problems is actually hearsay because it is better than my Range Rover Sport as well as my GLK's multimedia. Don't you hate the knob controller of the German offerings? I prefer touchscreen.

If you say Yukon or Tahoe is better than the escalade? I think they only have the 5.3 V8. To get the 6.2V8 you need to go the Denali which is close to escalade territory. Pick the vehicle you want then negotiate after. I liked the Kona but I don't think it is worth the up charge. I have black and alcantara in my platinum and I thought it was better.
My problem is a 2015 platinum is 21k more than the "same equp" denali, now of course they are NOT the same, the platinum is NICER, I am talking option for option my cost. I would buy a Tahoe in a minute, I personally think it's the best front end looks wise out of the 3 trucks, but you can only get the 5.3, which I could live with because I have several superchargers for 5.3's in stock, but they still have the 6 speed trans and it's just old technology at this point. That 21k pays for 1/3rd of the hellcat. :)

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
hcvone said:
My problem is a 2015 platinum is 21k more than the "same equp" denali, now of course they are NOT the same, the platinum is NICER, I am talking option for option my cost. I would buy a Tahoe in a minute, I personally think it's the best front end looks wise out of the 3 trucks, but you can only get the 5.3, which I could live with because I have several superchargers for 5.3's in stock, but they still have the 6 speed trans and it's just old technology at this point. That 21k pays for 1/3rd of the hellcat. :)
I think the platinum comes with different leather. Even the third row is leather. I don't know if the Denali is equipped the same way. I like the roof and door inserts of alcantara vs cloth or nylon. The interior of the platinum reminded me of my friends aventador, 16M scuderia, LP750 superveloce, 599GTB(yes he has that 4 exotics). So, when I was choosing whether to get the premium, after looking at the platinum in the same dealership, the choice was easy and never regretted it. It is even better than my Range Rover Sport interior(though the Range Rover leather still smells new(what chemical do they apply?).

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Daudl81,
Do your test drive at varying speeds and make sure there is no vibration.
People that Have the Kona love it.
We have a Gold Platinum 4WD ESV with tuscan brown leather all throughout and we love it.
Only 3 ways to get 100% leather without plastic is the $2K Kona option or in the Platinums with Tuscan Brown or Jet Black.
the power steps are also about a $2K extra charge on all models.

Generally if you pay the 36 month upfront you should save about $5K over making 36 monthly payments.
That is what I did.
I used Ally.
I also hate debt.

So if $47K is you upfront payment, Your total of 36 payments should be about $52K.
Your monthly payment should be about $1444.
The only way you would get $999/month for 36 months is if you paid $16K upfront.
your $1150/month would probably be with $10600 up front.

Anyway, make sure you are getting the discount of about 5K for paying up front.

So we just found out our 2007 Yukon Denali needs some major repairs that just aren't worth the trouble - and decided to get something new. It was between the new Denali's and Escalades. My wife fell in love with the Escalade after driving both and I'm "mostly likely" going to pick it up tomorrow for her.

I just need to know if there's anything I should know or look for when checking it out (cosmetically or mechanically)? I know absolutely nothing about these cars, and since it's a brand new model it's even more foreign to me. Any typical problems I should look out for (I see some rear view camera issues in the forums, etc)?

It's a black premium, with that Kona brown leather interior with power side step option, standard 22" chrome insert wheels. I believe after taxes & licensing etc it came out to $91-92k out the door.

However, since we lease all our vehicles, I was planning on doing one of those "one-time" lease payments where I just pay the full lease up front.

If I do the 1 payment lease - it comes out to about $47k cash up front, lease term 36 months.

I just leased my Mercedes CLS550 last summer, and it was about $95k out the door, and my lease payments are about $1150/mo...so I figure I'm not getting a horrible deal with the Escalade. I may see if I can get a great deal by offering full cash (I hate debt), but that's not ideal unless I get a significant discount.

Anyway, I'm not the type to nickel and dime these things, but I also want to feel like I'm not overpaying. These are very popular in our area, especially black ones. Most dealerships around here have a several week wait....so I feel like I need to move fast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daudl81,
Do your test drive at varying speeds and make sure there is no vibration.
People that Have the Kona love it.
We have a Gold Platinum 4WD ESV with tuscan brown leather all throughout and we love it.
Only 3 ways to get 100% leather without plastic is the $2K Kona option or in the Platinums with Tuscan Brown or Jet Black.
the power steps are also about a $2K extra charge on all models.

Generally if you pay the 36 month upfront you should save about $5K over making 36 monthly payments.
That is what I did.
I used Ally.
I also hate debt.

So if $47K is you upfront payment, Your total of 36 payments should be about $52K.
Your monthly payment should be about $1444.
The only way you would get $999/month for 36 months is if you paid $16K upfront.
your $1150/month would probably be with $10600 up front.

Anyway, make sure you are getting the discount of about 5K for paying up front.
Wow, I did not know I would get so many responses. I frequent the Merc CLS forum from time to time and it's DEAD!

Anyhow thanks for all the responses.

One very important thing I completely forgot to mention is that IF we were going to do lease payments, we'd put down $15k since that is about what we'd get for our Yukon. I apologize for not mentioning that - kind of important =) ....he is also discounting it $1800 to compensate for the Kona leather upgrade. My wife did not like it at first and made a comment on the increased price from ugly leather, so the salesmen said he would knock the price down. However, now my wife LOVES the leather and wouldn't have it any different color. Funny how things came full circle.

Also, I did not know there was plastic in any of the Escalades, so that's good to know. They did not have any platinums on the lot, so the only thing I had to compare the Kona leather to was the standard leather on the luxury trims. The one thing I did like about the Kona interior is not necessarily the leather (although it was NICE)....I loved the matte / smooth finish on the wood inserts. That's something I wish they would have done on my CLS. Definitely give Kudos on the caddy for their interior this time around, very very nice!

Are the Platinums worth the upgrade? I would love to check out the interior, but they don't have any on the lot (in fact there's only 1 premium left...the other 2-3 are luxury trims). My wife initially wanted black leather, but after sitting in the Kona leather, the luxury trim black leather seemed cheap. But I'm wondering if it would be a different story with the black platinum trim leather.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I think the platinum comes with different leather. Even the third row is leather. I don't know if the Denali is equipped the same way. I like the roof and door inserts of alcantara vs cloth or nylon. The interior of the platinum reminded me of my friends aventador, 16M scuderia, LP750 superveloce, 599GTB(yes he has that 4 exotics). So, when I was choosing whether to get the premium, after looking at the platinum in the same dealership, the choice was easy and never regretted it. It is even better than my Range Rover Sport interior(though the Range Rover leather still smells new(what chemical do they apply?).
I own several of those cars in your post, NONE of my Caddy's come close on interior next to my super cars in terms of leather quality, but that is why they cost 10 times more, or with the Escalade prices 3 times more. ;)

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
hcvone said:
I own several of those cars in your post, NONE of my Caddy's come close on interior next to my super cars in terms of leather quality, but that is why they cost 10 times more, or with the Escalade prices 3 times more. ;)
The alcantara roof and inserts come close to those of my friend/colleague. His vehicles are numbered, like only 100 made, etc.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
THE PLASTIC OR VINYL HAS BEEN IN THE CADIS AND PROBABLY ALL MAJOR BRANDS FOR MANY DECADES.
LEATHER ONLY WENT ON THE SEATING SURFACES ONLY.
SOME HIGH END CARS HAVE FULL LEATHER, BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHICH.

My Mercedes definitely has vinyl.

CADILLAC IS OFFERING FULL LEATHER ONLY ON THE PLATINUMS AT THEIR PREMIUM PRICE AND WITH THE KONA LEATHER OPTION FOR ~$2K.

i say a big yes, that the Platinums are worth the price. i also waited from April to Jan to get my Platinum.
And I say it was worth the wait and worth the extra money.
But do I think it is overpriced yes.

Wow, I did not know I would get so many responses. I frequent the Merc CLS forum from time to time and it's DEAD!

Anyhow thanks for all the responses.

One very important thing I completely forgot to mention is that IF we were going to do lease payments, we'd put down $15k since that is about what we'd get for our Yukon. I apologize for not mentioning that - kind of important =) ....he is also discounting it $1800 to compensate for the Kona leather upgrade. My wife did not like it at first and made a comment on the increased price from ugly leather, so the salesmen said he would knock the price down. However, now my wife LOVES the leather and wouldn't have it any different color. Funny how things came full circle.

Also, I did not know there was plastic in any of the Escalades, so that's good to know. They did not have any platinums on the lot, so the only thing I had to compare the Kona leather to was the standard leather on the luxury trims. The one thing I did like about the Kona interior is not necessarily the leather (although it was NICE)....I loved the matte / smooth finish on the wood inserts. That's something I wish they would have done on my CLS. Definitely give Kudos on the caddy for their interior this time around, very very nice!

Are the Platinums worth the upgrade? I would love to check out the interior, but they don't have any on the lot (in fact there's only 1 premium left...the other 2-3 are luxury trims). My wife initially wanted black leather, but after sitting in the Kona leather, the luxury trim black leather seemed cheap. But I'm wondering if it would be a different story with the black platinum trim leather.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts

Leasing is the best thing you can do in case this vehicle has all the trouble that most of them are having. Good luck with your pick, it is an absolutely gorgeous truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yes, I HATE the knob on my CLS, I actually NEVER use it unless I have to for some odd reason. The only one that does it right is Audi in the S7, and it's still not perfect. BMW has come a long way and is getting closer, but still clunky. Mercedes is the worst IMO, but I think they just updated their command system this year. Our 2007 Yukon has an easier to use UI than my 2014 CLS (7 year difference, you'd think it would be better). It drives like a dream, but they need to start integrating their UI's like GM. I'm sure some will disagree, though.

Our current Yukon has the larger engine, and if we did get the 2015 Denali, we'd definitely get the larger engine (although I didn't think you could get the lower yukon trim without the larger engine, I could be wrong though).

I would like to see the platinum leather, but there aren't any on the lots. I do know the platinum trim is quite a bit more money, is it worth it?

----------

Leasing is the best thing you can do in case this vehicle has all the trouble that most of them are having. Good luck with your pick, it is an absolutely gorgeous truck.
That doesn't make me very confident =)

What kind of trouble are they having, and how common is it?

I've been married about 10 years now, although we've been through SEVERAL vehicles - I think we've been very lucky on the reliability a factor on both our used and new cars. Other than our current Yukon that needs some attention (hence why we are selling it), we have yet to have any major issues with anything that would require us to leave our vehicle at the dealer / mechanics for longer than an hour or so. And we've had the Yukon for several years, so even that has been *very* trouble free up until now.

I can't imagine what it would be like to own a car that would need constant trips to the dealer, loaner cars, scheduling, etc. Especially a brand new one at $90k +

----------

Sorry for the extra redundant replies / questions - but I forgot to ask if there is a big difference in leather "quality" between the Kona leather and the platinum trim leather surface? I know they are different "color" but I don't have any platinum's nearby to check out.

I just found a black on black platinum trim about 3 hours away: http://bit.ly/19FMnP4

If the leather is significantly different / better than the Kona - I may take a quick trip down there and check it out. But if it's pretty much identical, then I'll not worry about it.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
It's hard to say that the Kona is better or the same than a platinum leather black or brown. When I was shopping for the escalade, I saw a premium 2015 with kona and fell for it. If you're going only premium I would do it but after seeing a platinum, I liked the design of the black on black leather, the distinctive special wheels and grille and the special leather they used. Compared to the 2014 platinum where the leather was soft, the new platinum leather was thicker and plush almost like Italian leather. Since the difference between the premium and platinum was negligible at this price range, I opted for the platinum. Check out the black platinum and if you see you prefer the kona, so be it. I think the only thing missing in the black platinum interior is contrast stitching that's why it looks generic in the pictures until you see one in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's hard to say that the Kona is better or the same than a platinum leather black or brown. When I was shopping for the escalade, I saw a premium 2015 with kona and fell for it. If you're going only premium I would do it but after seeing a platinum, I liked the design of the black on black leather, the distinctive special wheels and grille and the special leather they used. Compared to the 2014 platinum where the leather was soft, the new platinum leather was thicker and plush almost like Italian leather. Since the difference between the premium and platinum was negligible at this price range, I opted for the platinum. Check out the black platinum and if you see you prefer the kona, so be it. I think the only thing missing in the black platinum interior is contrast stitching that's why it looks generic in the pictures until you see one in person.
Thank you that makes sense. I agree, the price is negligible at that price range. I think we're going with the Kona - the dealership sent over some pics of the black leather platinum and the wife liked the matte / soft brown wood rather than the glossy dark brown wood in the platinum. Not necessarily "better", but just a more unique touch to set it apart.

Kona is nice in person - in pictures....not so much. Looks too "orange" / weird in pictures. But in person it's a different story. I think that's why it gets a bad rap sometimes.

Thanks for the help - off to negotiate =)

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Thank you that makes sense. I agree, the price is negligible at that price range. I think we're going with the Kona - the dealership sent over some pics of the black leather platinum and the wife liked the matte / soft brown wood rather than the glossy dark brown wood in the platinum. Not necessarily "better", but just a more unique touch to set it apart.

Kona is nice in person - in pictures....not so much. Looks too "orange" / weird in pictures. But in person it's a different story. I think that's why it gets a bad rap sometimes.

Thanks for the help - off to negotiate =)
Mercedes has a similar leather option( i had one ) and the same situation exists....the pictures don't do much for you....then you go look at it and BAM...it looks, smells, and feels like the real deal!! I was always a black leather guy when it came to ordering leather seating for my vehicles....but I love the whole package of the Kona. The open pore walnut wood is as good as it gets until you move into the Rolls, Bentley world....and that won't happen for me!:yup:

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Just make sure if you can that it's the latest production build. Open the driver's side door, locate the production label and make sure it has a recent build date like late February/early March. That way you don't have to deal with going back and forth to the dealership for transmission replacement or camera replacement. The later the production date, the better your chances are of having a trouble free car.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
[/COLOR]

That doesn't make me very confident =)

What kind of trouble are they having, and how common is it?

I've been married about 10 years now, although we've been through SEVERAL vehicles - I think we've been very lucky on the reliability a factor on both our used and new cars. Other than our current Yukon that needs some attention (hence why we are selling it), we have yet to have any major issues with anything that would require us to leave our vehicle at the dealer / mechanics for longer than an hour or so. And we've had the Yukon for several years, so even that has been *very* trouble free up until now.

I can't imagine what it would be like to own a car that would need constant trips to the dealer, loaner cars, scheduling, etc. Especially a brand new one at $90k +

----------

Sorry for the extra redundant replies / questions - but I forgot to ask if there is a big difference in leather "quality" between the Kona leather and the platinum trim leather surface? I know they are different "color" but I don't have any platinum's nearby to check out.

I just found a black on black platinum trim about 3 hours away: http://bit.ly/19FMnP4

If the leather is significantly different / better than the Kona - I may take a quick trip down there and check it out. But if it's pretty much identical, then I'll not worry about it.
I apologize it was not my intention to deter you from buying an Escalade, rather I was saying "Go for it, as long as you are aware of potential problems. Problems that since you are leasing should not be such a big headache." After all you can walk away from the truck at the end of the lease if it gives you issues. If not you can decide to buy it. Some have been complaining about vibration issues as well as a booming noise that causes irritating ear pressure. Some have been complaining about clunking when accelerating, others have had the CUE screen go blank, as well as some complained about water getting under the antenna and causing a short. If you look through the forum you will see the topics. It is just good to be aware of what could happen. Mind you not all Escalade owners are experiencing these issues. Some have absolutely no issues at all. Also people tend to complain when something goes bad, it is rare that people make topics to praise their vehicle or the company that makes it.

That being said any vehicle no matter who makes it can have issues, especially if it's a new model year. Just research the topics and go for a test drive and look the vehicle over and if you and your wife want to get it go for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I apologize it was not my intention to deter you from buying an Escalade, rather I was saying "Go for it, as long as you are aware of potential problems. Problems that since you are leasing should not be such a big headache." After all you can walk away from the truck at the end of the lease if it gives you issues. If not you can decide to buy it. Some have been complaining about vibration issues as well as a booming noise that causes irritating ear pressure. Some have been complaining about clunking when accelerating, others have had the CUE screen go blank, as well as some complained about water getting under the antenna and causing a short. If you look through the forum you will see the topics. It is just good to be aware of what could happen. Mind you not all Escalade owners are experiencing these issues. Some have absolutely no issues at all. Also people tend to complain when something goes bad, it is rare that people make topics to praise their vehicle or the company that makes it.

That being said any vehicle no matter who makes it can have issues, especially if it's a new model year. Just research the topics and go for a test drive and look the vehicle over and if you and your wife want to get it go for it. Good luck.
Oh I don't think you could deter my wife from her decision - she was SET on the escalade after test driving it around. I understand that car forums aren't necessarily indicative of real world experiences. I'm aware that people will take the time to complain online, and rarely take the time to praise - so it kind of skews one's perceptions a little when visiting a car forum for the first time.

Anyway - we ended up getting it yesterday - spent a good 4-5 hours there. Phew =)

I have not driven it yet, but she drove it around quite a bit yesterday and didn't report any problems. There was a small issue with the glove box not opening (the button would not activate the unlocking latch) - but that's minor and the dealer is coming out to "calibrate" it (so they say).

The rear view camera looks fine. Not as clear as my CLS...but visible enough in daylight and dusk. Definitely not as bad as some claim on here.....but it could be clearer especially for this caliber of car. Either way, we can see out of it fine while backing up, so it serves it's purpose.

It looks great though - best looking SUV out there at the moment in my opinion. As my wife was pulling into our driveway for the first time, our next door neighbor just purchased a new 435i BMW and was pulling up to his driveway for the first time - and I think we stole a lot of his thunder. The caddy definitely got more ogling from the neighborhood - his wife ended up on our driveway for the better part of the hour talking to my wife about how much she wanted one. I felt bad for the guy, but he was a good sport =)

----------

Just make sure if you can that it's the latest production build. Open the driver's side door, locate the production label and make sure it has a recent build date like late February/early March. That way you don't have to deal with going back and forth to the dealership for transmission replacement or camera replacement. The later the production date, the better your chances are of having a trouble free car.
I will have to check to see if we got a later model.

It does have the 8 speed transmission, and I thought the earlier models had a 6 speed. So does that mean we got the later build?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Oh I don't think you could deter my wife from her decision - she was SET on the escalade after test driving it around. I understand that car forums aren't necessarily indicative of real world experiences. I'm aware that people will take the time to complain online, and rarely take the time to praise - so it kind of skews one's perceptions a little when visiting a car forum for the first time.

Anyway - we ended up getting it yesterday - spent a good 4-5 hours there. Phew =)

I have not driven it yet, but she drove it around quite a bit yesterday and didn't report any problems. There was a small issue with the glove box not opening (the button would not activate the unlocking latch) - but that's minor and the dealer is coming out to "calibrate" it (so they say).

The rear view camera looks fine. Not as clear as my CLS...but visible enough in daylight and dusk. Definitely not as bad as some claim on here.....but it could be clearer especially for this caliber of car. Either way, we can see out of it fine while backing up, so it serves it's purpose.

It looks great though - best looking SUV out there at the moment in my opinion. As my wife was pulling into our driveway for the first time, our next door neighbor just purchased a new 435i BMW and was pulling up to his driveway for the first time - and I think we stole a lot of his thunder. The caddy definitely got more ogling from the neighborhood - his wife ended up on our driveway for the better part of the hour talking to my wife about how much she wanted one. I felt bad for the guy, but he was a good sport =)

----------

I will have to check to see if we got a later model.

It does have the 8 speed transmission, and I thought the earlier models had a 6 speed. So does that mean we got the later build?
All Escalades built from October 6 to present have the 8 speed transmissions, however the later built units now have the revised cameras/camera software and the revised transmissions among a long list of other updates. When was yours built?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All Escalades built from October 6 to present have the 8 speed transmissions, however the later built units now have the revised cameras/camera software and the revised transmissions among a long list of other updates. When was yours built?
I am at work, but I had my wife look at the door panel. She said she saw something that said "12/14" - but she didn't know if that was it. I had her take a pic of the door panel so I can check it out to verify when it was built.

I can't imagine it sat on the dealer lot for that long though - they are selling a few of these every week. In fact, when we checked out this one on Saturday (3 days ago), they had 3 total on the lot....and when I went yesterday to purchase it, they only had 1 left (the one we bought). They also got a new black ESV platinum in on Tuesday that sold the very same day. So make that 3 total sells in the last few days.

What did they upgrade / revise in the transmission?

Where can I find a list of the updates?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
daudi81 said:
I am at work, but I had my wife look at the door panel. She said she saw something that said "12/14" - but she didn't know if that was it. I had her take a pic of the door panel so I can check it out to verify when it was built. I can't imagine it sat on the dealer lot for that long though - they are selling a few of these every week. In fact, when we checked out this one on Saturday (3 days ago), they had 3 total on the lot....and when I went yesterday to purchase it, they only had 1 left (the one we bought). They also got a new black ESV platinum in on Tuesday that sold the very same day. So make that 3 total sells in the last few days. What did they upgrade / revise in the transmission? Where can I find a list of the updates? Thanks!
Congrats! I think we have the same build. But the manufacture certificate was 12/23/14

1 - 20 of 43 Posts