Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to pay cash for my next car and want an Escalade ESV. I really want the blind spot monitoring so a 2009 would be ideal. However, for what I am comfortable spending a lot of them have 100K plus miles on them. One I am looking at is a 2010 with 157K miles. I know it all depends on the previous owner but I need a good big reliable SUV. Not a fan of the Suburban or Yukon XL. For the money I would prefer the ESV. I have heard a lot about the flaws in the 2007's and would not want to get one that old if I didn't have to. Don't know much about the 2008's but like I said I really want one with BSM. I have seen many with over 200K miles. I need the next car I get to last me 100K miles. Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
Would you mind sharing your budget? Would help with giving you a frame of reference of what you could reasonable find.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The 09+ trucks seem to have far less issues than the '07 and '08 model years. If the truck needs to last at least 100,000 miles, I would not look for one over 100,000 miles. Whatever truck you decide to get, make sure it was maintained properly.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Under 20k is going to be exceptionally difficult for anything newer than a 2007 with under 100k that doesn't have other issues. My advice if you're after an 09 or newer ESV is to see if you can squeeze out another $4k as that will likely buy you a much more reliable truck... you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to give up a great condition 09 for under 20k- if they are there may be hidden issues you're not aware of. I picked up an 07 EXT almost 2 years ago for $22k with 80k miles (before I bought my 2010 last summer) but I had to put about $1200 into repairs right away. After that it was a solid truck to be sure but that was a SMOKING deal- when I got t-boned insurance paid out a little over $28k for replacement on it when it had 105k miles and you know insurance isn't going to pay a dime over fair market. If you're willing to pick up a mechanics or bodyman special, you can hit under 20k but that doesn't sound like what you're after.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to find an 09' for under $20k I looked long and hard, anything out there was north of 100k an 07' and not very nice!!! Found a pristine 07' with 89k and still paid $23.5 .... GL with your search!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if you only have 20, you can't afford an Escalade of this gen. From time to time people will show up looking to purchase a high mileage luxury car. Gambling on trying to find the perfect high mileage vehicle in order to get the price to what would be considered an affordable level is never a good idea. More often than not the high mileage car begins to fall apart leaving the owner with large repair bills and a bad taste in their mouth toward the brand. If you need a big a car, i would look for what suits your needs, not the perceived status of a particular emblem/ brand. JMHO

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Mr holland people buy escalades because of the status symbol if it wasn't because if that we might as well buy tahoes and suburbans and and put a nice exhaust on them and be happy but no we want luxury and attention demanding vehicles so we buy escalades so your wrong haha :) well from my point of view

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
I'm well aware of why people buy Escalades, I bought one!! I did an auto trader nationwide search for 2009 or newer Escalade and suburban for $20,000.

Escalade - 7 (Probably not all ESVs)
Suburban - 149

....Reliability being very high on the list of priorities, what do you think will make it another 100,000 miles, an Escalade with a 150k or a Suburban with a 100k?

80k mile Suburbans can be had for $20,000..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mr Holland is right to a certain degree but I have had numerous Cadillac's and still do and it is the prestige of it being a Cadillac! I also own a Lexus GX 470 and it is really nice and I love it and it is a great vehicle but it's not a Cadillac and a Cadillac at any model to me is elegance beyond bestow to anyone that has owned a Cadillac and I have owned quite a few. To emulate what Mr.Holland is saying just be cautious of normal maintenance and up keep which can be expensive. Buy what you want and can afford the upkeep on, life is to short to not get what you want my friend, be happy! I am fortunate enough that I have a buddy that works at Cadillac and is a mechanic that does my maintenance on the side, I just have to work around his schedule (done at the Cadillac dealership). ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I honestly bought mine because the EXT is a superior vehicle from a performance and reliability standpoint vs the Avalanche, it's actually a work truck for me so I was a little uneasy about having a possible ostentatious perception driving an Escalade for my business but most of my clients are high end so it's never been an issue. That being said, if they offered an Avalanche that had the same drivetrain as the Escalade I probably would have bought it. For what you're after the Yukon XL is identical mechanically to the ESV if you get the 6.2 and I do think the Denali certainly has a level of prestige- hell even the Tahoe and Suburban are driven by many of my wealthy clients. You'll have a much easier time finding a Denali in your price range and I can all but guarantee your level of satisfaction will be the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts