Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this board. Picking up a mint condition 87 Fleetwood tomorrow (rwd) with the 307 Olds motor. I dont forsee any major probs with this car being that it seems it was properly maintained but generally is this considered a reliable car?. Also I was wondering how hard it would be to do a Chevy conversion to the car. I have an 87 350 Chevy in the garage that I pulled from an 87 Iroc. The motor is rebuilt using 100% new parts and I'd like to use it in the Caddy should that motor expire. Is this an easy swap?. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Congrats on the new-to-you car!

no problesm with these cars, other then around 100k miles the carb needs to be rebuilt, adn around 140k miles the tranny quits......

.....about you waiting for the 307 to die......it simply will not happen, the 307 will not die....... it has no power and obvously no aftermarket, but it is reliable, and never dies...... if you have a built up sbc ready do be dumped in a Brougham, then sweet, you will be doing one of my all time wishes on a car........ AFA putting it in, search this site, adn google or seomthing, IIRC is should be pretty direct, I think the fuel and maybe exhaust system might need to be modded....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Night Wolf said:
Congrats on the new-to-you car!

no problesm with these cars, other then around 100k miles the carb needs to be rebuilt, adn around 140k miles the tranny quits......

.....about you waiting for the 307 to die......it simply will not happen, the 307 will not die....... it has no power and obvously no aftermarket, but it is reliable, and never dies...... if you have a built up sbc ready do be dumped in a Brougham, then sweet, you will be doing one of my all time wishes on a car........ AFA putting it in, search this site, adn google or seomthing, IIRC is should be pretty direct, I think the fuel and maybe exhaust system might need to be modded....
Yeah I definately need to look into it. Is the Fleetwood based on the Caprice chassis? If so I can get all the parts I need from the junkyard. The 350 Iroc motor I have is freshly rebuilt with all new crank, rods, etc... It would be ashame not to use it especially since the 307 is so underpowered. Anyway I have some research to do. :D

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
IIRC they are SIMILAR chassis....the FW is streched a little, eitherway a 350 should fit in there ok.....

...you go always go the 425/472/500 <---- hell yeah fun swap and keep it all Cadillac :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts