Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, Im Drew. 20 years old, located in Red Hook, Ny and Im in the process of trading in my 07 Mustang Gt for a 05 Cadillac Cts-v. However, although I love Cadillac, i have some concerns that i would like to address and confirm or deny my findings.

The car im looking at is a 2005, with 96,xxx Miles. It seems quite high, but i know that LS motors are built well and usually are stout at higher milage as well. So should i be concerned about the milage being as high as it is? I dont plan on going crazy with modifications like i did with my mustang but there are still a few things that id like to do. Things such as Kooks Longtube headers, catless, x pipe, and corsa catback with a Texas Speed MS4 cam with double roller timing chain, pushrods, lifters, and comp double valve springs. Thats extensive as my modification is going to get in that department.

The only other modification besides those is that id like to lower the car with eibach pro-kit, since they dont make the sportlines for these cars. and I read somewhere that if i replace the springs, i have to replace the shocks and struts as well because they are self adjusting? I just want to double check if this is true or not, and if so, what shocks could i get to match the spring rate of the eibach pro-kit.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
This belongs up in the CTS forums. Moved.

I put it in CTS-V general discussion, but the performance and modification guys here can steer you right ........... Welcome Aboard !!!!

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
It's the rear shocks that self level... search Mighty Mouse or MM spacer kit or the like. I think he's been selling off the last few kits over on ***************. It raises up the mounting point and fools the shocks.

·
Registered
NONE
43 Posts
If they haven't been replaced already, put motor mounts on that list. Mine went out at 50K miles. Improves startup and driveability immensely.

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was also wondering, is there any other header besides Kooks that has good quality and sounds great but without the 1500 price tag lol i mean, i dont mind paying for it, but if i can save a doller here or there, i will

·
Registered
04 Blk Cts-V
594 Posts
Do a search, there are multiple threads asking about header options. Pacesetter and Obx are usually 400-600 but better deals can be found. Stainless Works and B&B are in the same range as kooks.
You can also go on youtube. There are plenty of sound clips of V's with different exhaust types.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts