Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here. My wife has decided she wants to replace her Denali with the new Escalade. I've been researching and am disappointed (but can understand) to find out how far behind Cadillac is with production. I have a few questions and was hoping some of you fine folks might have some answers. I did ask these questions of my local dealer but don't really trust the sales guy I ended up with. I don't think he is giving me all the right info.

• Does anyone know what the current wait times are if we put in a new order for a fully loaded (super cruise, night vision etc) Premium Luxury? My local dealer told me it would be 6 months to a year?
  • I'm not sure how the allotments work. Does this mean some dealers won't be able to order another 2021 Escalade because they are out of allotments or does this just pertain to dealer ordered vehicles?
  • At what point can we order a 2022? My local sales guy said it would be months and a 2022 wouldn't be delivered until the very end of the year because everything is being pushed back/shifted. In other words, they plan on producing and selling 2021s for much longer than normal?
  • I am shocked to see some dealers marking up their dealer ordered inventory by $10,000 to $20,000 above MSRP (and even more than that sometimes!). Yeah, we aren't going to pay more than MSRP. My local dealer said they do not charge extra so that is good but I was hoping to order and then keep an eye out for anything that might come up in the next few months. Sounds like that isn't going to happen if dealers are going to take advantage of the situation and gouge their customers.
  • Can anyone recommend a great dealership/salesperson to work with on this in California?
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call Matt Mustafa at Lockhart Cadillac and order from them. They do a TON of these and He was extremely knowledgeable walking me through many of the same questions!

From what I understand, the Platinum trim might be what’s causing your long delay... I believe a Sport with Tech Assist and Super Cruise can be produced faster.

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dealers get allocations based on previous sales year. Every Thursday they are told by GM how many of each vehicle they can order which what options based on the constraint report. On Tuesdays they find out what orders GM accepted. My order was picked up by GM even though the dealer hadn’t allocated it for for that week. It was built in a way that did not have any constraints.

I also ordered from Matt Mustafa at Lockhart. He was great! He orders the cars at the dealer & will shoot you straight.

Matt Mustafa
Lockhart Cadillac
Sales Consultant
[email protected]
Office: 317.577.1551
Cell: 812.236.5606
Fax: 317.578.7733
www.lockhartcadillac.com
9265 East 126th St Fishers,IN 46038

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in California, does it make sense to order from Indiana?

We are looking at getting a Premium Luxury, not a Platinum, not sure if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘19 VW e-Golf
65 Posts

We are looking at getting a Premium Luxury, not a Platinum, not sure if that makes any difference.
If you order/purchase from out of state, I would try to confirm the dealership has experience dealing with CA registration even though I believe they are all 50-state emissions. I thought about doing it, fly out there then drive it back to CA as a little getaway road trip and visit some states. Receiving conflicting info from different dealers and reading up on the registration process persuaded me to just purchase within CA.

I'm sure a few on here reside in CA and have done this so they may be able to provide you more details on the process and their experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I live in St. Louis. Call & talk it through....he won't BS you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just offered a USED demo model for $5,000 over MSRP. I just don't like the practice of selling above MSRP (certainly not on a used one). Yeah, it's all supply and demand, but these dealers that are doing this are definitely causing damage to their future business. It just seems shortsighted to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is insane....am not surprised though....they’re so tough to get at the moment....especially with the specifications you want....many dealers saying 2022 now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just offered a USED demo model for $5,000 over MSRP. I just don't like the practice of selling above MSRP (certainly not on a used one). Yeah, it's all supply and demand, but these dealers that are doing this are definitely causing damage to their future business. It just seems shortsighted to me.
Agree would never pay over MSRP. You doing short or long wheelbase?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont think they mind... units are being shipped out to other states.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Matt has 38 that he has ordered that have not been picked up by GM....just FYI, he's fantastic but not superman....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts