Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm about to buy my first car and I must say I'm pretty happy about it. I was going to buy an 05 CTS two years ago but decided not to as the interest rate I was offered was so bad. So two years later here I am looking at another caddy, this time an 07 CTS Sport.

I've been creepin these forums a little bit for the past couple years so I knew this would be the perfect place to ask these questions. Is there anything I should look out for before buying this vehicle? It's a one owner car and currently has 49,000KM's on it (yes I live in Canada). I'm going to test drive it on saturday so I was just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for or listening for when I take it for a ride. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Anyways here's some pictures of it..

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux/Sport
364 Posts
Unless Canadian cars are different that one in the photo has a 2003 or early 2004 rear bezel. You might want to check it out . That grey plastic was not on the 2005 and newer.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
:yeah:

The rear bezel was changed out to body color match in mid 04 and later CTS'. What is their asking price? I don't know when Cadillac introduced the Sport Appearance package, which is what this one is, but it's odd to see that rear bezel on it. Everything else says Sport package, 18inch wheels, sports, grill and spoiler. If you can, talk to the dealer to have them put the correct rear bezel in, because that one will most likely fall off. Why not get rid of it before you buy. Just put it in the contract for them to do if they are unable to replace it right away.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Hows the interior look? Do you have the 3.6L engine? Do you have the auto stick shifter? Whats the VIN? You can pull alot of what comes stock on the car from the VIN

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies! Wow I didn't realize they had the old bezel back there. I remember reading something about the old bezels holding water and them getting switched out with the matching paint.. wow that caught me off guard. Now I'm curious to know why the old bezel is back there when they stopped putting them on after 04:confused: I'm gonna call the guy about this tomorrow morning. I'll let you know when I find out... oh and it's going for $23,980.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
What od means by the tiptronic is the shifter. In the 03 to 05, the shifter could not go over to the right and able to press forward to up shift, and backwards for down shift. I can tell you that you do have the tiptronic. The Sport Appearance package only came with the 3.6 liter engine.

That price is too much in my opinion. I just did a quick kbb.com in my zip code area, 06339, did everything that was an option on that. And it came up at $22,700. Of course that is US dollar and from my area. But still, talk the price down and make sure that they change that rear bezel.

Not to discourage you, but the mileage(kilometers) on the dash board appears to be 52,000KM. I can tell that it's in KM because of the KM/H is displayed on the speedometer and the climate control saying 22deg. lol

KOT

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$22,700 USD converted to Canadian is $23,600.. so they're not off by that much. Plus we have to pay more for everything in Canada anyways.. gas, food, clothes, looks like cars too lol.. and I put the question mark after tiptronic because I wasn't sure if that's how you spell it, looks like I was right.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
$22,700 USD converted to Canadian is $23,600.. so they're not off by that much. Plus we have to pay more for everything in Canada anyways.. gas, food, clothes, looks like cars too lol.. and I put the question mark after tiptronic because I wasn't sure if that's how you spell it, looks like I was right.
I have never paid KBB price for any car I have ever purchased. I usually end up 10-20% lower than the blue book. Most recently for my 07 CTS, I paid 5,000 under blue book. The car is only worth what you are willing to pay and don't be afraid to walk away to close the deal on your terms. Use walking away as a bargaining tool. Sounds stupid I know, but always remember they want to sell that car worse than you want to buy it.

The rear bezel is a red flag to me. I have run into a few used cars with clean car fax reports, but upon close examination of the welds, some of them clearly weren't factory welds and body panels had obvious Bondo work. They had been in unreported accidents. I have no idea why it would have that '03 bezel, but maybe it had some body work done and that was the cheapest one available at the time. All speculation of course, but just get it to a Caddy dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Everything else says Sport package, 18inch wheels, sports, grill and spoiler. If you can, talk to the dealer to have them put the correct rear bezel in, because that one will most likely fall off. Why not get rid of it before you buy. Just put it in the contract for them to do if they are unable to replace it right away.

KOT
It implies Appearance package, not sport package. The Sport package didnt have spoiler, had the grey grill, and 17" wheels...yes, even on 06-07's...

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Here are pics of the interior. It's a 3.6L, tiptronic? black on black.
It appears your car has the Appearance package but not the luxury package. Get an engine bay photo. Does it have a strut tower brace? It appears you have the bigger front brake...it would seem you have the performance package as well.

Guys, the CTS Sport and the CTS with a Sports package are 2 VERY different cars.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
It has the sport appearance package. Which has the sports grill, spoiler, 3.6 liter engine, bigger brakes and 18inch wheels. As I stated above.
The two things that throws me off are the shifter knob having a chrome piece and the exhaust tips. Of course the rear bezel doesn't belong.

KOT

·
Registered
none yet
187 Posts
I have the same exact car. I paid way less than that with right at 50,000 miles. Bezel is for sure wrong. I might have a different package though. I have the window spoiler, and the strut bar also.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies everyone.. so I emailed the dealer last night about a couple things I had questions about.. I forgot to ask for the VIN # though lol that shoulda been my first question.. oh well I'll get that later on. Anyways, I asked about the rear differential problem, and he said that was taken care of at 19,000KM's so that was good to hear. I asked if they had the strut bar on the engine, and he said yes it did. Asked if it still had the factory warranty, he said it has the balance of a 4 year 80,000 kms bumper to bumper warranty (until June 29th 2011 or 80,000 kms) and powertrain warranty until June 29th 2013 or up to 160,000 kms.

Then I asked about the bezel, and he didn't have the answer for me so he told me he would look into it. But I got to thinking and one thing I thought of was that the guy wanted the E&G louvred bezel on the back, then took it off and sold it before he got rid of the car. From what I hear you can only put that bezel on with the older one underneath? I don't know if I'm right, so correct me if I'm wrong but if that's the case then it sounds like a good reason?? I was going to put the louvred bezel on anyways so I'm not too worried about it. I also found out that they match up to $1000 downpayment on the car.. I'm gonna try and get that up to $2000 though lol. Test driving the car tomorrow, hopefully nothing major goes wrong.. I really want this car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts