Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2001 deville that is in almost mint condition. The dealer says the slugishness at stop signs is caused by a faulty sensor on the engine (Northstar) and will replace it. What sensor?
Could this be true or are there other possibilities. The hesitation/sluggishness is only occasionally.
Also, any types of reviews or comments on the 01 deville wold be appreciated.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
It could be a crankshaft position sensor. Most devilles are in mint condition. The biggest problem you need to worry about is the headgaskets. They run anywhere from 3000-4000 to replace. If the car hasn't had regular coolant flushes, more than likely it'll blow the headgasket. Search around on the forum, there's been alot of posts on this, you'll find out what its like to own a caddy $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already own a 98 deville now with head gasket problem Going to trade it in. Right now dealer has no idea about it, so I'm going to play dumb.
I'll get the coolant changed out when I get it, and have it done properly.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
a 2001 should have had the coolant changed in 2005 with Dex, which is orange in color, if its green, then the interval gets even shorter at 2 years per flush from then on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts