Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im new to this forum. Currently in the process of picking up an 03 cts with 93k miles on it for 4700. Was wondering if this was a good deal. Buying from a family friend of a friend was wondering if this was a good price. I know hes already had the timing belt changes and has babied the car since hes had it. Was just looking for some I insight before spending the money.

·
Registered
CTS
256 Posts
Yeah that's a pretty good price. I bought an 03 CTS with 92k on it for 4800 a year ago. If you haven't already promised you would buy it though I wouldn't. I can't even begin to explain the amount I've had to replace on my CTS over the past less than a year after buying it. Both rear window regulators, rear trunk supports, 3 O2 sensors (just waiting for the fourth one to go), valve cover gaskets, PCV upgrade kit, oil pressure switch, TRANSMISSION all had to be replaced, and now the TB is started to fudge up now and needs to be replaced. I also have a problem with the steering wheel creaking pretty badly and the sunroof making loud noise whenever driving on the highway.

In summary, it's a good deal, but buy a different car. Seriously.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2004 CTS/3.2L 5-speed Manual
63 Posts
Bought my '04 CTS last July for $5K. 92K miles. Since then, I've replaced both rear hubs($300), timing belt($600), rear pass window regulator w/ motor($100), clutch pedal pad($15) and recently the drive shaft coupler($300). Stuff wears at that mileage. I love mine and so much fun to drive. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
Sold my 03 CTS and went rally car style!
457 Posts
Bought my 03 in 2012 for $7k with 108k on the clock.
About to hit 160k on it and I love this car!

I have had to replace some stuff but nothing out of the ordinary for a 10 year old car with over 100k (engine mounts, hub bearing, TPMS sensor, Timing belt, valve cover gasket, spark plugs). Currently gathering all the materials to do the drive train mounts (rear diff mount, flex discs, carrier bearing)

All in all I would recommend this car to someone but with a word to the wise that anything that has to be replaced cost more and if you don't do it yourself it will be even higher. I've done all my own work on mine with help from this forum and mechanic family/friends. I'm working on turning mine into a show car so I will be dumping more than it's worth (about $10k) into it but that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts