Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 STS N*
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm plannin on buying a 03 CTS / 5SP with about 78,000KM and wondering if any of you guys have experience buying extended warranties but not from the dealerships that up the price so much. Anyone know of any good companies for coverages?

I'm kind of worried because of the differential problem and other electrical problems like the CD player

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Do a search here for aftermarket warranties. In my personal opinion, I think aftermarket warrs have too many loopholes and escape clauses so that they do not have to pay. Garages say they do not like them because they get stuck on hold for 45 min at a time. Thirdly, many of those companies go bankrupt.

Other than that, they are ok.

I recommend saving your $$ for future repairs. Pay now or pay later. I will pay later. I like GMPP, esp if I buy it prior to 24,000 miles. Great price at that point.

Preferred vendors give a really great price.

·
Registered
Cadillac
55 Posts
Warranty direct is the best one I've ever heard of. I wouldn't get comprehensive type stuff personally but you can generally get a powertrain type warranty with a few extras for 5 years for $1400 from them. Just covers mechanical breakdown though. Not any whines or clunks or oil consumption.

If you are worried about that stuff. Just save your money like that guy said.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I know we are being repetitive, but aftermarket extended warranties cover things that break (if item is not excluded). On the other hand, aftermarket extended warranties do not cover items that are noisey. Also, on the older Northstar engines, these warranties would not cover head gaskets because there was no MECHANICAL failure. Headgasket repairs on Northstars cost at least $3500. Also, some of these warranties do not cover anything RELATED to a recall or a TSB. While I understand that they would not have to cover a recall, it is curious to me that they refuse ANYTHING RELATED TO a TSB or a recall.

Save your money, man.

My Caddy mechanic and my service writer tell me not to worry about rear end as long as it does not chatter when I back car up. Apparently, that is a sure fire way of identifying problems there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts